Maybe a bit of inspiration....

Stacey D.
on 11/19/12 8:56 am - Harrisonburg, VA

http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/changedbutterfly/media/V IDEO0068-1.mp4.html

So first I will start with, I have been doing crossfit for awhile, about a year prior to getting preggo.   So I am not suggesting anyone who hasn't workout, jump out in the gym and do this and certainly if there are any restrictions with your pregnancy, ignore this post kiss.

So my dr. tells me I can workout as long as my body isn't telling me other wise, no restrictions, just keep it safe.  As I mentioned, I have been doing crossfit for awhile, and love the workouts, and the conditioning it does for my body.  With this pregnancy, I plan on keeping up with it as long as I can.  I have had to change some things, like Burpees, to Preggo Burpees, but other than that, at 15 weeks, I can still go pretty hard.  Tonight is my favorite lift- the deadlift, and 1 rep max at that....last Monday we did 3 rep max, where I hit my  personal record of 155 for three deadlifts.   Tonight, again another personnel record of 200 pounds....I feel great and had no problems, I knew this was my limit and I wouldn't push myself any further, but this was 15 more pounds than I had gotten up several months ago when we did this (pre- pregnancy).  

I thought I would share, as we all dread the extra pounds of pregnancy no matter how wonderful the outcome is from those extra pounds.  Also, we are all thinking about not letting ourselves go back to our old habit, which I am the first to admit can be easy, using being tired, or pregnant as an excuse not to treat my body with the most respect possible.  

So tomorrow, when you decide maybe today isn't the day to workout, take the stairs, or park in the back of the parking lot and walk to the store, take a peek at my video, perhaps, it will get you energized....remember ladies, we are no longer doing this just for us anymore....we have precious little ones that need us around for a life time.

GOD Bless!  Stacey

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1260 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views