I am fine but need some thoughts/advice

Stacey D.
on 1/2/13 1:11 am - Harrisonburg, VA

So let me start with me and the baby are doing well.  The problem is my poor friend at work.  She is super sweet and worked for me through April of this year until she got another position with the company.  So the week before Christmas, she told me her little secret that she was seven weeks pregnant.  She is 30 and just engaged (someone she has been with for 5 years).  Although a surprise, she was super excited and I was for her.   Over the holiday she told her and his parents.  This am she went for an ultrasound and there is a yolk but no baby yet.  Her uterus is measuring as she expected 8 weeks.  I feel for her so much.  I know partly because I am preggo and just can't imagine.  I know there are many of you out there who have experienced this, etc.  I am certainly here for her to talk to, and she has always looked up to me as a career figure, any thoughts, words of wisdom here that any of you may have to be a good friend, what she might need to hear vs not?  The only advise I have given her thus far is to make sure she feels that she is comfortable before she agrees to D&C or pills, etc.   She is doing another ultrasound next Friday, I just pray that lil miracle is taking it's time....

thanks in advance-Stacey

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Paula622
on 1/2/13 3:15 am

Definitely a tough situation.  Unfortunately, I really don't think there is any perfect thing to say or do, especially since you're pregnant too.  A good call to encourage her to make sure that she is "ready" to make the call if they suggest a D&C.  I think just letting her know that you're there is important.  Hope that she gets some good news with the next ultrasound!!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Alice P.
on 1/2/13 4:03 am

That was the story of my first pregnancy---there are no words to comfort her, she is still pregnant and hormonal and nothing will seem right--just be there for her--to listen and whatever she needs!  The waiting is the most horrible part not knowing if the pregnancy is viable or not but feeling very pregnant!

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

SassySamara
on 1/3/13 1:56 am - San Antonio, TX

The same thing happened with me on this pregnancy. I was not sure how far along I was thanks to PCOS and irregular periods, all I knew was I had a BFP. So went in for U/S and there was a gestational sac and not much else. I was so scared and devastated. I had to wait almost two weeks to go back because instead of 10 weeks like they initially tried to assume I was based on LMP it looked more like 4-5 weeks because my husband had been out of town a month prior to that so I knew if not prior to him leaving it could have only been after he came back. Nonetheless, I had hope and when I went back, there was the baby and flickering heartbeat. I think the best you can do is offer the support she needs and listen but other than that it is a super hard situation. Worst case is she MAY miscarry before then and have bleeding but from what my doctor told me an "empty sac" sometimes is better than nothing where it could be blighted etc. Is it possible she is off on her dates???

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

ochikezie
on 1/3/13 8:54 pm - Essex, MD

This pregnancy also had a slow start for me, I was 8 weeks according to the date but there was a sack and could not yet see baby, but by the next ultrasound at 12 weeks, the little peanut was tuck in snuggly, just pray for her, and be there to listen. Be an ear and a shoulder, I pray that by her nest u/s, there will be her little peanut, just waiting to meet her.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1260 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views