all of these changes

ajmicha
on 1/6/13 2:09 am

I went to my Doc and she said that I could start to try to get pregnant woo hoo right, well that was in Nov. We have not got pregnant yet. So my first thought is that it was not just the extra pounds that prevented us from having another child. Also the other thing is my cycle has changed I was reg every 28 days before I would have my period for 3 days and be done for the month. Now I am starting on day 26 or 27 and my period is lasting longer, has this happened to any one else or am I just strange? if any one has any tips on getting pregnant that would be great.

Rebecca S.
on 1/6/13 7:31 am - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with

If you are talking Nov. 2012 when you got the ok to try...that's only 2 months...keep trying!  It can take 6+ months to conceive! I wouldn't worry yet!  Try a few more months...if nothing happens then talk to your Dr.!  

Sorry, probably not the answer you wanted but sometimes it takes time!

Becca laugh-9/2007laugh-10/2012 (Forever in our !)

Lilypie - (pVjW)Lilypie - (Trlr)

cryspyx
on 1/6/13 8:25 am - Hartford, CT

First I'd recommend patience. I don't know if it's your strong suit, it certainly isn't mine, but you really do need patience when trying to get pregnant, especially when it comes to that evil two week waiting period to see if you're pregnant  :) Everyone is different for how long it takes to get pregnant. It took roughly nine months for me to conceive and we ended up using IUI after nine months of fertility drugs. Also, do you have any issues that would make you not ovulate every month? I have PCOS, and even when I was getting my period, I wasn't always ovulating, in fact i was rarely ovulating. I monitored my cycle with an ovulation kit, so we (hubby, doc, myself) all knew when the most fertile time for me happened to be. You can also do the basal temp every day at the same time to see if you have a drop to tell when you're ovulating.

ajmicha
on 1/6/13 5:57 pm

Thanks for the tips. I think that I am nervous because I am 32 and it took 2 yrs for us to get prg with my daughter who is now 8yrs old. I have done the ovulation kits and I am doing the bbt this cycle. 

cryspyx
on 1/7/13 12:23 am - Hartford, CT

it's a reasonable fear. if it makes you feel any better, i'm 36. i'll be 37 when i give birth to our first.

Alice P.
on 1/6/13 10:22 pm

I would agree with being patient--you also are only 8 months post op and still probably rapidly loosing weight--which can totally cause hormonal changes--my periods were way off during that time frame as the horomones are released as you loose the fat.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

twert80
on 1/6/13 10:46 pm

After i had my RNY and quit my BC i noticed my cycles were much shorter and tried for 4mo with no luck (mind you before RNY i got preggers at the drop of a hat).  I contacted my OB/GYN due to my concerns with my cycle might not letting my get preg and he informed me that i was over 30 now and it is normal for cycles to change.  With that said he had me shorten my ovulation days and BAM got preg the very next cycle.  So your timing may just be off a bit so take a look at your cycles and twek to fit you.  Also, you can try an OPK i didn't have to but some women on here do.  Good luck!

TIff

megaflu
on 1/7/13 2:27 am - Bedford, PA

I admit it too****il my weight stablilized and my cycle actually started becoming a day longer 2 months in a row that I got my BFP.  In fact I waited 7 days after being late because I was convinced my cycle was increasing again.  I have PCOS and waited 8 years and several losses before our little Christmas Eve baby arrived.  I wish I had tips for you, just keep taking your vitamins.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
TraceyC
on 1/7/13 5:30 am - DFW, TX

I charted everything on fertilityfriend.com. I had mirena so I wanted it completely out of my system and then I was waiting on my short term disability insurance to become effective so I charted on FF for two months. After doing all the calculations with a ferning microscope, OPK's and BBT's for those two months I learned how my cycle worked and low and behold we got pregnant the first month of trying. I believe it was like $16 or so for a few months of registration on FF.  

The BBT every morning and the OPK's were the most effective. I could tell a little bit of difference with the microscope but not much. I paid like $10 for it so it wasn't a big investment. I only looked at it as another way to predict ovulation to support the other two methods.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1276 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views