Well it's time to put down the weights....

Stacey D.
on 3/21/13 4:42 am - Harrisonburg, VA

Well some of you have seen my post prior on me loving Crossfit.  I am what some people would call addicted to the group WOD (workout of the days); however, last week at 32 weeks pregnant I had to lay down my weights...I did a simple squat complex with very little weight and took me days to recover.   So I will hold off on going bac****il after baby is born.   I miss going as it is my get away from daily life and great community, and I am very jealous that my husband still gets to go (this is one of those things we get to do as a couple without kids).  I think hanging in for 32 weeks is still pretty good.   Coach tells me that carry this extra weight around while pregnant will be like working out with weighted vest and when I get to go back I will pick up right where I left off....

I can't wait to deadlift my body weight again!!!! So for now, it's just strolls around the neighborhood and chasing a 3 year old...which has been challenging enough!

Okay, whinning over....thanks for reading! 

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

SassySamara
on 3/21/13 7:45 am - San Antonio, TX

I agree, 33 weeks is great progress and success. I think it will help you bounce back faster in the long run. I am interested in Cross Fit and plan to check it out for workout options after I deliver too.

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Stacey D.
on 3/21/13 10:43 am - Harrisonburg, VA

Crossfit is the best workout I have ever done...was very active in sports when young and worked hard at finding what I "like" to do, and I dont' just like it; I love it.  I was worried at first because although I could do a 5K, I have no upper body strength, not very good at weights, etc.  But when it comes to crossfit- if you give it the proper timing, you will feel and see results and you keep thinking..."WHAT ELSE CAN I DO"....when I started about 18 months ago, my deadlift was 85 pounds to lift one time....at 18 weeks preggo...I deadlift 200 pounds....I can't wait to see what I can do once I can recover from this pregnancy....

Let me know if you have any questions...or any information/questions etc....

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1269 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 873 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1344 views