How common are kidney stones after WLS?

Kim H.
on 4/16/11 5:13 am, edited 4/16/11 5:15 am - Duluth, MN
I think I may have kidney stones. I am running a temperature and have flank pain where it feels like someone is squeezing my kidneys. I don't know whether to wait until Monday or go to urgent care. My doc usually says if I go to urgent care I should tell them to admit me and he will be there when he can, because having Spina Bifida, and kidney problems, etc, he does not another doc who does not know me to treat me. As I stated in a previous post I WAS dehydrated, but I thought I was drinking enough liquids. Any thoughts?

~Kim~

Kim H.
on 4/16/11 8:21 am - Duluth, MN
Just wanted to let you all know , I am going to the ER. Hopefully they will be able to find the cause of this pain and my fever. Will write when I get home

~Kim~

Hislady
on 4/16/11 11:42 am - Vancouver, WA
Hope they get you taken care of, I passed one once and thought or should I say prayed I'd die! Even childbirth wasn't that painful. Good luck hope to hear from you soon.
Amy B.
on 4/16/11 11:27 pm
 Kim,

Please let us know something asap. I'm sure it's scary having this pain so close to your surgery. Praying for you!

Amy
One day at a time.  
Tom C.
on 4/17/11 9:15 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hope you're feeling better.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Anna H.
on 4/17/11 9:20 am - Lawrenceville, PA
How are you feeling Kim? Been thinking about you all day
  1.           "Rescuing one dog will not change the world...But for that dog the world will be forever changed.
Considering_It
on 4/17/11 10:10 am
Hope you are feeling better.  Never heard of kidney stones after WLS...gallstones yes, kidney stones, no.
Kim H.
on 4/19/11 4:58 am - Duluth, MN
Hi everyone! I am back!!!!Thankfully, it was NOT kidney stones. I was super-dehydrated and had a really back kidney infection(in BOTH kidneys!) I was put in the hospital with an IV full of antibiotics (come to find out the next day when the doc came by, it was a med I was resistant to..so got switched.).Then we thought I was gonna be able to come home yesterday but Sunday in the middle of the night my temp spiked back up to 102.5, so was there til today..finally everything stayed on an even keel so here I am..home and happy to be here. Thanks for the concern and the well wishes. You are such a great group of friends! I missed you ALL! HAHAHA Take care!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 4/19/11 7:12 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hey Kiddo,

Glad to see you're back "home". We've missed you.

Relax and take care of yourself.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Anna H.
on 4/19/11 6:38 am - Lawrenceville, PA
Glad to hear that you are ok. Was starting to worry when we hadnt heard from you. Take care of yourself.
  1.           "Rescuing one dog will not change the world...But for that dog the world will be forever changed.
Most Active