My latest fill

Kim H.
on 6/7/11 5:38 pm - Duluth, MN
Hi everyone. I had a fill yesterday and I gained 2 pounds since last month. I take full responsibilities for it. I KNOW I was eating too much. I just was not getting the full feeling. BUT..I am starting over with some specific goals and I will stick to them. I am filled to 7.2 now, so hopefully , I will notice some restriction. I still need to take in more fluids. I don't know why that is so difficult. Before the surgery I was drinking water all the time. You hardly ever saw me without my water bottle of ice water with lemon slices. I am on liquids thru tomorrow(Wednesday) and the pureed/soft for 2 days, and then back to normal. I like the liquid phase( call me crazy) but I think I know why. What and how much I can "eat" is laid out for me, including the amount. There is no guess work involved.She also said to be braver with my food choices. I guess I am sticking to the safe foods. Well, enough rambling. Hope I made sense. I am glad this site is here. I keeps me accountable. Have a great day!

~Kim~

kimkeever
on 6/8/11 1:10 am - AZ
I am having a hard time drinking water also....I always have had water with the drink mixes in them.  I cant drink them much anymore...I wanted some lemons for my water which seems like the only way to get my water in....was at walmart and they had NO lemons!!!! WTF!!! Been trying to get my water in and have had soo much problems doing so...

Hope  your fill works for you....keep us posted

Kim H.
on 6/8/11 3:10 am - Duluth, MN
Thank you! I have to put some flavoring in it , too. Even fresh lemon slices. Sams Club has lemons, but such a BIG bag, will be wasted cuz I know I won't drink enough water fast enough before the lemons go bad. So far today I am doing good. Still liquids for the day and pureed/soft for two days starting tomorrow.

~Kim~

Kim H.
on 6/8/11 7:50 am - Duluth, MN
YAY!!! Even though I am on liquids till tomorrow , I truly think I can feel "restriction". I guess I will know for sure once I am on solid foods again, but, it IS different than after any other fill I have had as of yet. Still working on the 64+ oz of fluids. But I am getting there.

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 6/10/11 8:22 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
 WISHING YOU THE BEST!! And don't be upset if the restriction goes away after a few days. This is common, but the good news you're getting closer to where your band should be. 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Amy B.
on 6/11/11 10:15 pm
 That's great, Kim! And, I agree with Tom. I felt much more restriction with my last fill and it took MUCH longer to go away than before. I'm hoping that my next will be my last. I'm calling tomorrow to set it up :D As much as I love my surgeon, I can't wait to not see him for awhile. Haha!
One day at a time.  
purple39lady
on 6/10/11 10:43 am
Kim,  I just had my first fill today.  I got 5cc.  I gained a one lb and like you I did not feel any restriction, but I did not have a fill either.  I so understand the water situation.  I am sipping water and other liquids.  I wish you luck girl. 
Kim H.
on 6/12/11 2:10 am - Duluth, MN
Thanks, everyone for the positive feedback and encouragement!

~Kim~

Most Active