Insurance Probelms

Tammy T.
on 6/9/12 6:18 am - Great Bend, NY
I just found out that my insurance company has a clause in there that states that they will only pay for one WLS surgery in a lifetime. So because I will need a revision to help reduse the size of my pouch that has stretched they will not pay for it. Has anyone else had the same issue and how did you over come it? Please help.

Tammy T  

Good Morning all, well I have been away for a few months and it shows. I have gained 7 lbs. What a roller coster ride. But today is a new day and I am going to get back on track. I just found out my daughter is scheduled to have surgery on July 8th. I am so happy for her.

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/12 8:23 am - WA
Is your post right in that you have gained 7 pounds?
Tammy T.
on 6/9/12 1:58 pm - Great Bend, NY
no I am sorry I have gained 57 pounds
Hislady
on 6/9/12 8:30 am - Vancouver, WA
Sad to say I don't think there is anyway around the exclusionary clause. Many of the insurance companies are adopting that, which is very prejudiced to those of us who were conned into lap bands, since they are basically useless and many times requires a revision to another surgery. The same for those with the RNY whose pouch has stretched out like you. As far as I know there is no way around it.
heathercross
on 6/10/12 3:36 am - New York, NY
 Tammy.  Mine had the same clause but was your prior surgery with this same insurance? I had my RNY with HealthNet and the BOB with Aetna.
Most Active
Recent Topics