need opinions, when to drink after meals??

cush32
on 5/6/13 9:48 am
When i had my first surgery i was told not to drink for 2 hours and that was hard for me. I think that was the first rule i broke back then, This time lm not sure but i think my doc said 30 minutes. To be honest that don't sound right either. Need some help please.....
Hislady
on 5/6/13 3:05 pm - Vancouver, WA

I was told 30 min, also but if you want to make sure you could wait and hour that seems more reasonable than 2 hrs. I've never heard of waiting that long.

cush32
on 5/7/13 2:04 am

Thank you.  Ima give it 45 minutes to an 1 hour, I think thats good enough.

Cush32

Ft. Worth Tx

Pattycake1947
on 5/7/13 2:55 am - Boyd, TX

My doctor told me not to drink 30 minutes to an hour before eating and the same amount of time after a meal. I got in the habit of doing that and I still do it that way even though I've regained 75 pounds since I had my VBG 13 years ago. I am working on trying to get approved for a revision. I've been trying to do this since last November. I noticed that Dr. Provost is your surgeon. I'm also in Texas and am using Dr. Barnes. Would love to hear from you and anyone else in Texas.

cush32
on 5/7/13 6:21 am

Hi Pattycake,

DR.Provost was the doc that did my gastric bypass back in 2005 and i really had to work hard because i didn't feel much restriction when i ate.   The food would pass threw me to fast.  So Dr.G. Barnes did my revision surgery last month and im about 3 weeks out.  He didn't have to recut my pouch it was still small the problem was the food would empty my pouch less than 30 minutes, so the opening from my pouch to my lower intestines was to big.  i wish i could draw you a picture.  But dr barnes is good, i still wish he would of cut my pouch down alittle smaller.  I regain 40pds from my first surgery.   After my first surgery i lost around 116 pds.  I've gain about 40pds back so i call myself trying to stop the regain by doing the revision and i hope it works.  I know it a tool and i have to work at it again but to be honesty im scared its not gonna work, but i want it too.  Good luck with your surgery and weight loss journey. 

Most Active
Recent Topics