One month after gastric bypass revision surgery

cush32
on 5/16/13 1:12 pm

May15, 2013 was the one month anniversary of my revision surgery.  I had lost 12 pds but i regain 2 pds back I dont know how it happen but it came back.  To be honest i haven't been exercising but I've been sticking to the high protein meal plan.   When i had the first bypass surgery i lost more in the first month after surgery.   The crazy thing about it is I only want to lose 40pds and it seems like 40 pds will take me a year are longer to lose.  I hope I didnt do this and it does work.  If anyone have had revision surgery please let me know how it is working for you.

Cush32

Fort Worth Tx

katiekat412
on 5/18/13 10:53 am
You prob had the same phenomenon with the first surgery. Your body used up all of your glycogen stores versus fat. It takes about three weeks. Your muscles are prob a little fatigued when you exercise. Your body continues to burn but transitions to fat while your glycogen stores are replenished- the plateau. Work hard. Mix it up. You'll start again.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

AngelicMythology
on 5/18/13 11:47 pm - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

I had Rny revision on Jan. 21st. I'm 4 months out and down 50 lbs so far. You'll get there. :-)  

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

pineview01
on 5/20/13 3:49 am - Davison, MI

I was band to sleeve but at about 3 weeks out I had a gain. Than I didn't lose any for the next months.  I am losing slower so with your first surgery it may have been you just lost less at this time.  Also how much less did you you weigh when you had this surgery than the first?  I too have only 40 to lose and if it is off in one year I will be shouting from the roof tops.

Just keep with the program.  You will continue to lose.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics