Vertical Sleeve Revision Questions??!!??!

greatdanemom82
on 9/9/13 5:19 am

Contemplating getting a vertical sleeve revision. I had my sleeve done in January 2009. I lost about 150 lbs, but have gained about 50 lbs back after having 2 kids. I feel like I havent even had surgery to begin with anymore, I can eat whatever and however much I want. And, because my stomach doesn't really "hold" the food, it just passes through the sleeve quickly, I feel like I am starving all the time!

Has anyone had the revision of this surgery and been pleased? I had a long hard recovery after my 1st surgery. Took about 4 months to regain strength and feel normal again, I dont want that to happen for round two. I have 3 kids now (one adopted child, two bio children) and I dont think I would be able to manage being down for 4 months again!!!!

Just nervous about the whole thing. I really want it done, I would like to get back down to around 160lbs and since I reached my deductible this year, I was hoping i could somehow get it covered (we'll see?!)

Any tips? Would you do it again if you had it to do over? Thanks!!

MsBatt
on 9/9/13 8:59 am

If your Sleeve has stretched a lot, they can re-Sleeve---or they can add the 'switch', giving you a full DS. In the hands of an experienced DS surgeon, this is actually the less-risky option. The risks of leaks is much higher in a re-Sleeve than in a 'virgin' surgery.

We have several posters ovr on the DS board who've had this done---might want to talk with them, too.

airbender
on 9/9/13 4:25 pm

this is individualized but at about 2 years our the sleeve doubles in capacity-all sleeves do this, not anything you did wrong....re-sleeving is not without great risk, and I dont think it will help in the long run.......look into adding a DS, that is actually less risky than re-sleeving.   The plan is to allow to eat mildly more and allow the bypass to prevent some degree of weight regain....wishing you the best.

Most Active
Recent Topics