Scale won't move!!! UGH!!!

jillS
on 10/23/13 12:30 am - Tinton Falls, NJ

Hello...I am now 4 weeks post op from my RNY to RNY revision. Feeling good and so happy to have that full feeling again!

Here's my frustration...I was down 12 pounds at my 1 week post op appt. The scale has only moved 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks!!  I am eating exactly what I am supposed to...soft solids and tracking my protein and calorie intake.  I am usually between 600-800 calories a day and approx 60 grams of protein.

How could the scale not be moving???  Am I eating too many calories...too few??  I just don't get it!  I know that I am not going to lose at the same rate as I did the first time 7 years ago, but come on...a little movement in the right direction isn't unreasonable!

Any advice would be appreciated!  I am trying to do everything right this time and just am baffled that the scale is barely moving!  I feel smaller and my clothes are definitely fitting better...HOW could the scale not move for so long???  UGH!

Thank you!  

Member Services
on 10/23/13 2:24 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your revision.  Hang in there it will happen.  Keep doing what you are doing and give your surgeon's office a call and speak with the dietician and give them your food log and they may have some suggestions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

jillS
on 10/23/13 2:28 am - Tinton Falls, NJ

Thank you for your reply...I actually have an appt with my surgeon and will also meet with the nutritionist in his office at that time.

I will just keep doing what I'm doing and wait for the scale to move!

Ladytazz
on 10/23/13 7:05 am

Sounds like the 3 week stall, which actually can happen pretty much any time early out.  You lose a good chunk of weight initially and then it holds steady for a bit before it starts again.  There is an scientific explanation about glycogen stores, basically the "water weight" you lose first.  Just know it is normal and as long as you keep doing what you are supposed to do it will come off.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

pineview01
on 10/23/13 11:35 am - Davison, MI

It is normal it seems to stall at 3 weeks as the body need to adjust to the rapid weight loss.  Also when I was following the 6-800 calories and 60 g protein I didn't lose as well as when I kicked the protein up.  My therapist had a diet from before our last Nut took over.  It called for 80-120 g protein a day and Minimum of 64 oz water, I get 80-100 oz fluid a day.  I also went up to 800-1000 cal a days and picked up.  That said with the revision I never lost over 2 pounds a week.  They said most don't lose more than 1-2 pounds a week with a revision.

Take care!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jillS
on 10/23/13 11:50 pm - Tinton Falls, NJ

Thank you for the response!  I actually have an appt today with my surgeon and will also see their nutritionist. It's good to know that this is normal and it will move again!  This morning my scale actually moved TWO pounds!  whhheww!!!  I knew with that amount of calories, there HAD to be some explanation!

By the way, what kind of revision did you have if you don't mind me asking?

I would love to hear about your success after your revision!

Thanks!

Jill  :)

pineview01
on 10/24/13 11:49 am - Davison, MI

Band to sleeve!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics