Revision due to ulcers

mnmomma2004
on 3/7/16 12:41 pm - Reno, NV

Hi everyone  I am looking for any information from anyone who had a revision of RNY due to ulcers. I had my surgery 13 years ago. My ulcer was discovered about 8 years ago. I've been taking prilosec since then. I was having more pain due to the ulcer so had another scope done and they found a second ulcer. Then, last year, I started having trouble keeping food down, so I went to the ER. They did a CT scan and found a fistula. A fistula is a "communication" between the pouch and the old stomach. The ER suggested I go see my GI doctor. I went to him and he did another scope. When he put the scope in, he was able to pass it through to my old stomach. He then recommended going to see the bariatric doctor. That doctor had me do a barium swallow to verify what the other 2 tests showed. The barium swallow test showed the barium going right in to my old stomach. My bariatric doctor said that the ulcers have eaten through my staple line. SO, off to have a revision done to remove the ulcers, which is at the junction of the stoma and intestine. He's going to take out the ulcer and the part of the intestine that is affected as well. I am hoping my surgeon can do the surgery lat. Any info that anyone has who has had a revision due to ulcers would be WONDERFUL. Thanks :)

Essie3223
on 5/6/16 12:07 pm
RNY on 12/23/15

Hi! I am just wondering how this went for you? I have ulcers and I am having a revision next week to cut them out- I have been unable to find many people who have had this done and I am just wondering about recovery. 

Thanks!

Most Active