Very strange situation!! Lap-Band to Sleeve (HELP)

Doriam R.
on 7/12/17 5:34 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

So the reason I had so many problems with my band and my breathing is because my band was very tight for a long time and my eshofagos was use as a reservoir for food.and I aspirated food all the time inot my lungs and I felt no restriction...

...SO, today after my revision for the sleeve they did a barium swallow test. and all the barium stayed in the esophagus and did not go down to the stoma... Doctor said that it will improve with time... But the point is that I will not feel restriction... SO not sure the point of this surgery. I am very worried...

Did any of you had this problem?? Did it improve? Please advice.

airbender
on 7/22/17 7:53 am

This is unfortunately very common with the lap band. I am surprised you didn't have any barium studies before your VSG to check you lap band health, but I am glad you removed it, as that would only get worse, and pose irreversible damage (as I have). PM me if you want more info

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Doriam R.
on 7/22/17 10:31 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Yes i would love to talk to you, but I dont know how to PM you sorry, can you tell me

Most Active
Recent Topics