Looking for a revision Dr. in Southern California

Luvnall3
on 6/18/19 6:59 pm

I am Stephanie. I had Gastric Sleeve in 2012. Only lost 67 lbs of my 100 goal. Shortly after sleeve, I stopped loosing weight, began having severe acid reflux, vomiting and found I had a sliding hiatial hernia. These complications and symptoms have plagued me for 6 years. My old insurance had bariatric exclusion. I am now with a new insurance, BCBS ppo and have been advised by a couple doctors to look into revision to gastric bypass. Stating this will help with the acid, repair the hernia at the same time and begin to loose weight again. I have 110 to lose.

My question is, can anyone refer an experienced bariatric surgeon in Southern California who does the sleeve to bypass revision? I have no other option but to travel, as my insurance does not cover anyone in my hometown of Bakersfield. I have looked into Los Angeles and north of me in Fresno so far. If you have a recommendation, I would love to hear it. Anything helps at this point.

Thank you

~Stephanie

hollykim
on 6/20/19 7:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 19, 2019 at 1:59 AM Pacific Time, Luvnall3 wrote:

I am Stephanie. I had Gastric Sleeve in 2012. Only lost 67 lbs of my 100 goal. Shortly after sleeve, I stopped loosing weight, began having severe acid reflux, vomiting and found I had a sliding hiatial hernia. These complications and symptoms have plagued me for 6 years. My old insurance had bariatric exclusion. I am now with a new insurance, BCBS ppo and have been advised by a couple doctors to look into revision to gastric bypass. Stating this will help with the acid, repair the hernia at the same time and begin to loose weight again. I have 110 to lose.

My question is, can anyone refer an experienced bariatric surgeon in Southern California who does the sleeve to bypass revision? I have no other option but to travel, as my insurance does not cover anyone in my hometown of Bakersfield. I have looked into Los Angeles and north of me in Fresno so far. If you have a recommendation, I would love to hear it. Anything helps at this point.

Thank you

~Stephanie

dr keshisian (spelling?) is in California.

Calidreamer
on 6/21/19 6:06 pm

Yes. He is and I hear he is wonderful!!

Although, I have spoke with them and Dr.K doesn't do revision to RNY. Only to DS. I was sad when I found this out because Dr. K is in my insurance plan. Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Member Services
on 6/22/19 7:14 pm, edited 6/22/19 12:14 pm - Irvine, CA

Hi Stephanie,

We would be happy to assist you and help in any way we can. (Free services for our members!) Can you please email us at: [email protected]... We look forward to hearing from you!

ObesityHelp Member Services Team

Most Active