Have you gone BACK to the liquid diet to lose more

Rhie P.
on 3/24/11 1:00 am
I had my 3 month check up and my surgeon was dissapointed to say the least about my weight loss.....I'm lucky LUCKY to lose at least 1 lb a week (I'm 3 months out)....he said at a bare minimum I should be losing at least 8-10lbs a month rather then my 4 if I'm lucky.

I don't know how to pick up my weight loss...I'm exercising, I'm getting in my protein, my water, my vitamins, I'm making great food choices......my calories are @750 a day.....I just don't know what else to do.

I'm considering going back on the liquid diet for a few weeks to see if my weight drops a little faster...or actually drops.....

Rhie

Lady Lithia
on 3/24/11 1:36 am
Rather than being disappointed in your weight loss, sounds like he should have referred you to an endocrinologist to f make sure that everything is good with your everything systems (I don't know the terms, sorry) .... there are some medical reasons why the body is resistant to weight loss, if you are averaging 4 pounds a month (you've only lost 12 pounds?) then there's something going on, particularly if you aer being compliant (not saying you aren't).... I couldn't tell from your ticker how much you've lost, so it's hard to say much without the full picture.

I did note that your ticker says 49 to go..... are you more than 50% of the way to your goal? I was at 505 Excess weight lost by 6 months....

I would NOt go on a liquid diet now, that will mess up your metabolism.... so how much HAVE yhou lost? share the details.

I get upset with Weight Loss surgeons who show any disappointment in their patients (unless it's disappointment in full on noncompliance)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

siberiancat
on 3/24/11 1:40 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I may be an exception but I've lost weight every month for the past 24 months and don't think I'm done yet.

I stay with my plan.  Get 100gm protein a day 120+ oz fluid, keep complex carbs to 80 or under and eat 1100 cal a day. (I'm 61 and only 61 inches tall.)

I don't eat white flour, white sugar, white potatoes, white rice, pasta, junk food, sweets, soda or fast food.  I try to eat clean, whole food  - little processed food.

I also don't have a big appetite.  I do dump.  Since being off sweets and bread for 2 years - I really don't crave it any more.  I'm afraid of reawaking the carb monster in me.

I'm enjoying my life.  Also, I get in my vitamins, supplements.  The one thing I could do better is exercise.  I didn't do much over the winter, but have started walking again.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Amy L.
on 3/24/11 1:53 am - Buffalo, NY
I am not sure what your surgeon/NUT have set for your calorie goal.  But, at 3 months, I was supposed to get 1000-1200 calories a day.  Especially when you're exercising and more active.  I still only get 800-900 calories per day.  I've never gone back to liquids before, but what I do, is once every week or so I will have a "big" calorie day- eating closer to 1100 calories, and then the next day I might only have 600 calories, then I will return again to my regular diet- but I still make sure I get at least 60-80 grams of protein a day. For me, that seems to rev the engine and get me going again.  But, every person is different.
  5'5"tall, RNY 11/22/10, HW256  SW252 CW148 SurgeonGW160 MyGW130  5/15/2011 
Met my surgeon's goal weight of 160lbs on 3/30/11! Reached 130lbs on 5/24/11!

CURRENTLY 120LBS, 9/7/11!

Rhie P.
on 3/24/11 2:16 am
I started at 225 and lost 25lbs in the first 3 weeks (yeah!!), weeks 3-7 I lost a total of 2lbs and from week 7 to week 14 I've lost an average of 1-1.5 a week.

I don't know if I dump as I have tried to test the waters....I don't eat fast food, I don't eat bread, I don't drink soda, I don't remember the last time I had something fried....I don't drink a whole lot of milk but when I do its non-fat....I usually drink unsweet ice tea (w/ slenda), water or crystal light.

I don't graze...I don't eat in the middle of the night

I had lab work done at my appt and my only "low" number was my calcium.

Rhie

happyhealing
on 3/24/11 2:28 am
I might end up like you, I started out 236, lost 14 lbs in the first 1 1/2 weeks and havent lost another pound.  I have my first check up on March 29 when it will be one month.  Ill ask my questions then.  I too, walk 45 min a day (with exception of the rainy ones) and I feel like Ive lost some inches but Im terrified to step on the scale again for fear of disappointment.
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 3/24/11 3:40 am
You started at 225 and want to end at 140 so you have 85 lbs. of excess weight.
You still have 49 to go so you have lost 36 lbs. so far.  36/85 = 42% of your excess body weight was lost in 3 months.  I would think that your surgeon would be happy with that.  It is slower than most but you are considered a "light weight".  Seems to me you are on track from what I have read.

Winnie

Most Active
Recent Topics