Gas... I know... TMI

MacawMother
on 3/29/11 5:58 am
So, I used to be one of those who didn't have any troubles with gas.  Most of the people in my support group all had issues with it but I didn't.  I thought... thank God I don't!    Now in the last month or so I do have gas.   I've been trying papaya enzymes but they aren't working so well.  What do you all do to help with the gas?
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Lady Lithia
on 3/29/11 6:07 am
Gas seems to be an element of what I eat, I avoid foods (simple carbs) that cause gas. Or high fiber stuff..... if it's new, loook over your diet see if there is a change.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Paul C.
on 3/29/11 6:32 am - Cumming, GA
I find that certain things make it worse for me. As for how I deal with it.  Well I have a 7 & 9 year old boys and 2 basset hounds so I blame it on one of them.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
auntchell29
on 3/29/11 6:36 am - MO
So, all the other things are good for avoiding it, but I still get gas and it's painful. My chiropractor taught me the cat-cow. kneel on all 4. You bend your back down towards the floor and then up to the sky. It strengthens the lower back muscles.   **But if you have gas kneel on all four and then down on your elbows. keeping your bottom up. Gas tends to travel out and it seems to take some of my pain away. looks funny, but at least I feel better.

Good luck!
MacawMother
on 3/29/11 6:41 am
I wish this were like Facebook!   I want to *like* your comment!   

I have a St. Bernard and he has some bad ones too.  Unfortunately I can't take him to work!
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
heygiz00
on 3/29/11 7:11 am
I like Pauls answer! LMAO!!

Live Laugh & Love...Life is too short to settle for less...    
Carla M.
on 3/29/11 7:31 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Simethicone chewables have become a VERY good friend of mine. I'm still learning what my pouch likes and doesn't like, so these definitely come in handy. There's also a product called Devrom that takes the smell out of your farts, stools, etc. Haven't tried that yet, but everyone I've talked to says it works great.

Koko M.
on 3/29/11 12:16 pm - Albany, CA
Simethicone is my new BFF, since about 2 months post-op.
I have Gas-X chewables in my purse, in my car, in my desk at work and at home. The thing is, ANYTHING that upsets my digestion will be usually accompanied by a fast, painful gas build-up. Immediately, too. I mean like if I eat something too fatty at lunch, I will be painfully distended in the upper abdomen by 1pm.
Thank God for the Gas-X. (Or whatever simethicone option you choose to mention. I'm not a brand watcher.) I don't really get the farts that much, I guess I tend to burp it away before it gets down that far. Which I guess makes sense, because I am still blissfully regular, and from what I understand, the lower intestinal gas is frequently associated with  (*ahem*) fecal matter loitering too long in the lower gut. 
Maybe it's a trade-off. I never stopped with the fresh raw fruits and veggies, I was eating them(well-chewed) within a month or so post-op. So the painful Blockage of Death that seems to hit so many WLS peeps post-op just never really materialzed. But upper-digestive gas pain has brought me near to tears many times.

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 206 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 300 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics