First night out with friends

rhayes1026
on 4/2/11 5:23 am - Westland, MI
I went out for the first time in a long time with my friends and had a great time haven't laughed that much in a long time. I did try a cranberry and vodka small glass 5 sips and i was buzzed..also hadn't had alcohol in 2 yrs. Does that get better with time? Even going a long time without alcohol i could still enjoy one drink if i felt like having one. Just hoping one day I could do that again.

Robin

ThinnerAngel
on 4/2/11 5:56 am - Rochester, NY
If you are post op....just think of your stomach size and surface area for alcohol to be absorbed. It will be dramatically increased. A small amount of alchol will go a long way.

chrystian73
on 4/2/11 8:42 am - Buford, GA
Alcohol isn't really absorbed in the stomach, it's absorbed in your intestines. After surgery it gets to your intestines and into your blood stream a lot faster. It also takes longer to leave your system. It seems most doctors tell their patients to avoid it entirely post-op, but some seem to think that's unreasonable and say that it's ok in moderation. I think it's probably wise to avoid the hard stuff (ie. vodka) and stick with red or white wine if you feel the occasional urge. Some docs still think wine is too acidic and can lead to ulcers though so you may want to avoid building up your tolerance.

rhayes1026
on 4/2/11 9:12 am - Westland, MI
I figure vodka was better than beer lol I know what you are saying though..I had heard so i knew to be causious about it. I am not a big drinker just like a few drinks a few times a yr. I was worried about wine because some of it reminds me of carbonated drinks which i know my stomach would not do well. As you can tell i am not a big wine drinker since i don't know a lot about them lol Thank you for your advice..maybe next time i will try some wine.

Robin

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 311 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 86 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??