Lonngg Stall or maybe I'm finished??

heathe923
on 4/4/11 6:11 am - Mendon, MI
I have not lost a single pound since Thanksgiving, not 1....I am working out 3 times a week, and staying around 1250 calories a day, not for some reason I am just not loosing. Is it possible that my body doesn't want to get any smaller that it is right now, is this where I am meant to be??

Lady Lithia
on 4/4/11 6:24 am
Share what you eat each day, perhaps we can look at what you are consuming and give suggestions

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

brwneyz
on 4/4/11 6:36 am
Have you talked to your surgeon or NUT?
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

jan8131
on 4/4/11 6:38 am
I had a fairly long stall. I called my nutritionist said I was eating a good amount of calories (around 1250 like you). She said I was probably having too many carbs and suggested I track it. I chose sparkpeople.com because it gives calories broken down by fats, carbs, protein. It turns out I was eating too many carbs because she had suggested a 33% split of protein, fat and carbs (or as close as possible).  I lost about 5 lbs. fairly quick as soon as I adjusted my diet.  Give it a try.

COMPARISON is the thief of all joy.
HW 255~SW 234~CW 178-GW 150
MELMEL308
on 4/4/11 7:55 am - PA
Maybe your body is used to working out 3 times a week that you have to increase now to 4 times a week.  I was told by a trainer once that your body starts to become immuned to your work out routine so every milestone of weight loss should be an increase in your work out.
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
kbowman2
on 4/4/11 8:56 am
Heather,
I've been having the same exact problem.  I stop losing about two months ago.  Our surgeries were on the same day.  If you find something that works, please share it and I'll do the same for you.  Right now, I'm trying to up my cals for a few days, then back down.  I've started exercising again (with weight training, so I'm sure I'm gaining muscle and won't see true results for a few weeks).  I average about the same cals too.  I try and keep my protein % higher then my carbs and fat and try to get in 90-100 protein daily.

Kim
Heaviest 397/ Before Surgery 367/ Lowest 170/ Current 185

Ladytazz
on 4/4/11 2:18 pm
If you haven't lost weight in over 4 months then I would guess you are eating too many calories. Either you are eating more then you think or your body simply doesn't need as much as you think. Many people who are morbidly obese have broken metabolisms. We simply need fewer calories to maintain our weight in spite of exercise.
I agree that the first step is to track every thing you eat, right down to the bite you took off of hubbies plate. A lot of times we don't realize how much we are eating, a bite here or there, or we aren't measuring our portions and we aren't eyeballing correctly.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 181 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?