Question for the ladies - BRA shopping

Rhie P.
on 4/13/11 5:53 am
Ok...where do you shop?  Prior to surgery I had boobs...now...I have saggy deflated.....I don't even know what to call them.....I need to buy bras......but the bras that are *now* my size are made for girls/women that have cute perky breats....there isn't any cute or perky about mine.....where does one find bras for saggy boobs?!?!

Rhie

Karly Green
on 4/13/11 6:03 am - Middletown, NJ
I shop at Lane Bryant for my bras still. I find they have the support I want. I wear about a 36-C.

Or, if I'm feeling up to it, I'll go to Victorias Secret and try on bras there, but I find my extra skin hangs out over the bra too much.

Good luck!

Also, I recommend getting a bra fit from Lane Bryant. They're free and will help a lot!

Watch what I eat at myfitnesspal.com username karkar28
fatfreemama
on 4/13/11 6:05 am - San Jose, CA
Victoria Secret is great about sizing you. Also, at one of my support groups, they recommended trying stores that specialize in masectomies and such, they are really able to provide help.
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

kazpa24
on 4/13/11 6:16 am
I've gone from a 42f to a 36e and find Asda (Wallmart) are great
Rhie P.
on 4/13/11 6:26 am
My husband suggested Victoria's Secret as well....I laughed and asked how many Angels has he seen with saggy boobs....lol...I tried on a 36 C today thinking it would fit (my 42DD bras have baggy ripples in the bra cups now) and the girls were just too squished.

I was hoping that I would be able to finally wear something *cute* rather then these industrial looking bras I wear now.....

Rhie

Theres_a_Light
on 4/13/11 6:58 am - Peoria, IL
OK, I must share as this has been a VERY frustrating experience for me as well.   I used to be a D cup and shopped at LB for my bras.  Now I run the gambit from 38 B/C to 40 B/C and it just depends on the bra...Recently, I found the perfect bra for me because seriously, mine have shrunk and they look like Clementine oranges!  YIKES.  It is called the Poof bra and it is made by Maidenform.  If you are a B cup, you'll be perky and look like a D.  Even though I have lost 119 lbs, I am wearing a size 12/14 and my boobs look awesome in this bra.  Seriously, try one on.  I figure once I hit 18 months I am going to look into a boob job, but until then, I will go with the Poof!
Have a great and positive day! 
Heidi

TTBoogu
on 4/13/11 9:18 am - Nashville, TN
great info thanks so much for sharing!
ramos1120
on 4/13/11 7:18 am - Camdenton, MO
I totally hear you! I went from a 40ddd to 36dd and now I only buy my bras at Victoria Secret.  They will let you try on a ton of different styles and measure you.  It was a great experience.  I now have sexy pretty bras for my saggy boobs.  With my bra on I look great but boy do I feel sorry for my husband when that bad boy comes off LOL.

Good Luck, Raynetta
MsColorado
on 4/13/11 7:59 am
 I went to Lane Bryant for some bras recently. They measured me -- which I hadn't had done in forever. I really like their back fat smoothing bras. 

waitinggame
on 4/13/11 8:08 am - Bowie, MD
I've tried on 50 bras in the past 2 days. I am ready to scream. How can someone be a 38 C all the way to a 42DD? Stupid sizing. I did Lane Bryant, did Victoria's Secret, did Sears, did Nordstrom. I'm not finding enough support with the little skinny straps that a lot of these bras have. A friend suggested going without. Yeah, not so much! Anyway, I'll try to find the Poof.

Thanks!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active
Recent Topics