WEIGHT GAIN....

Alice B.
on 4/13/11 4:12 am - NC
I had RNY in Oct 2009, at my doctor's visit last week he said I had gained 12lbs...OMG!!!! I have got to get back on track....any advise on how to get back off the sweets wagon? Thanks everyone...
Alice B                
nomoresugar
on 4/13/11 4:24 am
Just say no.  remove all of them from your menu.  the less you eat of them, the less you crave.

focus on protein first, drink lots of water and pretend you are allergic to sugar.  good luck.  at least you are attacking this before it is out of control.
Alice B.
on 4/13/11 4:27 am - NC
Alice B.
on 4/13/11 4:29 am - NC
Thanks for your words of encouragement , they are much needed....
Alice B                
chelle864
on 4/13/11 5:00 am - Clayton, NC
 I think that is my problem too.   Its been 8 months since my surgery and i've recently added sugar to my diet and damn if I didnt gain 5 lbs.   How do you just completly cut them out all over again?

Alice B.
on 4/13/11 5:38 am - NC
I know  I have got to get back on track, I don't want to get back to my weight ...I think losing 12lbs is better than needing to lose a hundred again...thanks for your comments...If I find something that works for me I will post for you...
Alice B                
Ladytazz
on 4/13/11 4:28 am
The only way I know is cold turkey.  All refined carbs in the trash.  Eating a little starts a craving that is hard to resist.  It will take a few days to get out of the system.  Get in a lot of protein, at least 100 grams and a lot of fluid, at least 100oz.  Give your body some good, healthy food.
I don't  eat any carbs that are refined or processed, only those found in fruits and vegetables and dairy.  I keep my carbs around 50 net grams a day.  After a while it becomes habit and I don't miss the refined carbs.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Alice B.
on 4/13/11 4:37 am - NC
I know I had gotten to the point to where I didn't like the sweets but I started one day and now I'm back to where I was before surgery. well with wanting sweets and not food...I could really kick my on butt, but I hope to get control before it's more than 12lbs..thanks for your much needed encouragement....
Alice B                
Mary Catherine
on 4/13/11 5:25 am
 Most people will not agree, but I would advise you not to get off the sweets wagon.  There are plenty of weight loss surgery friendly recipes for sweets.  It will take a little time, effort and expenditure of money (maybe about $50.00 total) but you can get yourself setup to have plenty of "legal" sweets that will not make you gain weight.

My favorite ingredient right now is Whey Low sugar substitutes.  This week I had lemon meringue pie and used Whey Low granular for the filling and for the meringue.  I make some awesome brownies from flaxseed meal and they only take about one minute in the microwave.  I frost them with a fudge frosting made from cocoa and Sugarfree Cool Whip.  I make wonderful chocolate chip cookies with Lowfat Bisquick, Whey Low Gold and Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate chips.

My rule is if I am going to have sweets, I don't bother with real meals and I fill up on my sweets.  I live alone and sometimes will just have a bunch of sugarfree chocolate chip cookies instead of a regular dinner.  I do know what is in the cookies and keep the calorie count to what I would have for a meal.

I know that this is not what I am "supposed to do".  I just believe that life is too short not to have treats and this works for me.
Alice B.
on 4/13/11 11:21 am - NC
thanks for the info and glad to know I'm not the only one that could live only on sweets..
Alice B                
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 301 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views