Taste Stuck in my Mouth

remembrtherain
on 5/14/11 9:51 am - San Francisco, CA
 Hey friends. I'm almost 3 weeks out and I feel like ever since the hospital, I've had this terrible taste in my mouth. I've tried everything from gargling to garlic but the taste feels like it's plastered in my mouth with like...wallpaper glue. Water doesn't help, though I drink it all day long. The taste also makes my mouth really dry and my teeth stick to my lips...which is a weird feeling. It almost tastes like something bad....but I'm not sure what...I don't know how to get rid of it. I want the foods I'm trying to taste normal, not like old-something-something...It just feels like there is thick mucus in the back of my mouth that tastes bad...

Has anyone been living with a taste plastered to their mouths?
anyone?
   LilySlim Weight loss tickers
LabLimo
on 5/14/11 10:15 am - San Diego, CA
Yup! I remember that taste well.... was nasty!  I drank a LOT of warm water with lemon and splenda.  It seemed to help cut the taste.  I did lots of brushing my teeth too in an effort to help.  Make sure your staying hydrated that helps too.

Anne

My pouches name is Satan!!!
Height 5'10" Goal weight 165
      Current weight 145

mandajolyn
on 5/14/11 10:40 am - Tallahassee, FL
It happens to just about all of us. Ketosis causes some pretty bad breath and not much helps. Keep hydrated and get some sf mints or listerine strips. try gargling after you eat something, it sometimes helps get the yuck out at least for a while.  It passes eventually but it's part of the fat burning process unfortunately. Sf Altoids and listerine strips were my best friends for a while!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

remembrtherain
on 5/14/11 10:49 am - San Francisco, CA
ugh. this isn't fun. ha. Thanks for the input guys. I will find some mints....I never really liked mint before, so, we'll see...How long does it last?! haha.
   LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Amber J.
on 5/14/11 12:28 pm - Kirkland, WA
 It didn't leave me until about 6 weeks out. It made everything taste strange and I could only stand to drink citrus flavored vitamin water because of it. Everything else just tasted horrible. Blech! So glad it's gone!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

gizmo113
on 5/15/11 6:34 am - Camby, IN
 My NUT was concerned that I wasn't getting enough fluids in when I told her about my bad taste in the mouth about 4 weeks out... I don't have it anymore but I also feel like my lips are never far away from my water bottle :)

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

Carol M.
on 5/15/11 4:03 pm - TX
You might try OASIS mouth rinse and/or spray.  It helped me get through that stage.  It really is just the chemical changes due to Ketosis brought on by the reduction in your intake of carbs and fats.  But your body will adjust and this "taste" will go away.  It just takes time and is just part of the process.
Carol , East Texas
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 511 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 585 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 306 views