Swallowed Centrum whole - help!

LossLeader
on 5/21/11 10:31 pm
So I made a really dumb mistake this morning. I was in a hurry, so instead of splitting my Centrum I swallowed it whole. Took it with the usual glass of diluted apple juice. Also took my biotin and iron pils, which are small.

I'm not feeling awful but I do have a feeling of fullness and it's been over an hour. What should I do? Proceed to breakfast or wait it out till it feels terrible and I spit up? I was thinking maybe it would dissolve if I just eat my usual breakfast.

Highest weight: approx. 293
Pre-fast weight: 284
Surgery weight: 274
Lowest weight:163
Current weight:182 

Bonnie ABC
on 5/21/11 10:43 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
From what I'm reading, you had surgery 6 months ago.  I was taking Centrum and Citracal full pills at 3 months out.  I don't think you've done any harm

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
poet_kelly
on 5/21/11 11:08 pm - OH
You'll be fine.  It'll dissolve.  If it feels like it hasn't dissolved yet, maybe try a cup of warm tea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Carebearny1999
on 5/21/11 11:27 pm - Rochester, NY
I agree with the others--you haven't done damage (I swallowed TWO Vicodin whole the day after surgery at the hospital) and some warm tea/coffee might help
LossLeader
on 5/21/11 11:35 pm
Thanks, everyone. You were right - it dissolved, and I had a normal breakfast.

Still, I learned my lesson, which is not to rush! 

Highest weight: approx. 293
Pre-fast weight: 284
Surgery weight: 274
Lowest weight:163
Current weight:182 

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 5/21/11 11:47 pm
Warm water or tea will help disolve it and send it on down. If the full feeling is the pill stuck on top of your pouch or on the way down it will get better with time. I wouldn't eat anything till it moves. Try warm liquid it usually works to relax the site where whatever is stuck and disolve the pill to make it pass through.
Jen 9+ yrs post op
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 310 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??