chest pain

jschindler
on 5/26/11 4:19 am - West Carrollton, OH
I had RNY in 2002. I have kept my weight off going up and down about 10lbs. I get a pain in my chest that feels like I have been hit by a sledge hammer on occasion. It feels like my chest is exploding and the last time I was sweating like crazy. It actually wakes me sometimes. About a year ago I figured out 2 gas x would make it subside. The time it last is usually about 3-4min. Does anyone else ever get this? I don't think it is cardio since it subsides with gas x.
nomoresugar
on 5/26/11 4:28 am
Do you still have your gallbladder? 
immafatgirl
on 5/26/11 6:01 am - KY
maybe plursy or just major gas bubbles. go see a dr. dont take chest pain to lightly .
qnmimi
on 5/26/11 3:16 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Many people who have heart attacks assume it's just gas too. Call your PCP and get a cardiac work-up scheduled asap, and go to the ER next time you have these symptoms. Just gas won't give you chest pains and sweating together. Please take care.

ObiMomKenobi
on 5/26/11 3:29 pm
I agree that the combination of the chest pain with the sweating makes this something that needs to be checked out. It could be nothing... but it could be something that can be fixed now.  It could be a type of angina, and that can be controled with meds.

I think I would go have it checked out... just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!
Amanda :)

dlecia05
on 2/10/12 9:46 am - Sylacauga, AL
I had lapband back in '08. I've had three episodes since. The first one was early 2011 during a car ride. I thought it was motion sickness since I do get it sometimes when I'm riding with others on long trips. I felt nauseated and sweaty. I had to get out of the car and walk around a bit and ate some pb crackers and a little water. It phased out over a period of 30 mins but it ruined the rest of the trip because I didn't feel like doing anything but getting home to bed.

The seond time was scary because it was nothing like the first one. It was Thanksgiving day 2011. I started feeling bad around lunch time. I hadn't eaten anything because we were cooking and were going to meet for dinner around 1:00p.  I started having pain after i got dressed and had to come out of my clothes. It was in the area in the middle of my breastbone and wrapped all the way around my chest. It always feel like steel band is wrapped around my chest and squeezing and I brought out into a sweat. Eventually I got to my mom's house and had to lay down the entire time. Didn't eat. Was freezing like crazy then. I was under so much cover it was "bananas" and was still cold. Got back home and went to bed. No Thanksgiving dinner for me that day. Got home and my daughter gave me her heating pad and got me a sprite. She rubbed my back (hard) and helped the gas move and I burped a lot!  Felt better the next day.

The third time was January 2012. It was mild. Good thing I had left work early because I wasn't feeling well anyway. It came on later on that afternoon and I was home. Since I knew what I was in for. I got a sprite, pepto bismol and the heating pad and did my best to try and go to sleep.

I didn't think about taking any GasX but I definitely will the next time it comes on. During the last two times I burped so much. My daughter said it probably was a stuck gas pocket. (She was sweet in seeing about me because some 21 year-olds don't pay their parents that much attention unless they want something...LOL. However, i don't know what brought these episodes on. Hope this helps!!!

Pre-admission testing: 261
First goal: 185
Second goal: 180
Third goal:  178

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 70 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 296 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views