Getting Nervous,...

prettyinpink766
on 6/4/11 11:04 am - Detroit, MI
Ok, so im getting closer to my date and im becoming so uneasy and nervous. I need to know is this normal? Is it normal to have the second thaughts that im having? Im not thinking about not having it, im thinking more of can I trust me to do what im suppose to. Am I gonna be able to do what im suppose to, it seems like a lot to have to remember and follow, I dont care or mind that, im afraid of making a mistake and messing things up/hurting myself. Did anyone else feel like this? I have some friends and some family members that im sure will help, but no one wants to wait on anyone hand and foot,lol..I just hope someone can give me some reassurance/guidance that these feelings are normal. Thanks.

brianhart
on 6/4/11 11:11 am - Lexington, KY
My surgery is on June 14 and I am having the same exact feelings that you are. I'm sure it's probably normal. It's a big change in our lives.
indygirl
on 6/4/11 11:31 am - indianapolis, IN
It's very normal and necessary.  You should allow yourself the opportunity to answer some of those difficult questions: am i making the right choice, is this necessary for me at this time, is it worth the risk, etc.  RNY was my 2nd surgery and I was just as nervous, if not more the 2nd time around.  But I will tell u that Im so content with my weightloss and my decision at this very moment.  My first few months were very rough and I had regrets, you probably will too early out.  I recommend that u stay prayerful and stay connected to those u love and u will do fabulously!
dancandie
on 6/4/11 11:32 am, edited 6/4/11 11:32 am - NC
It is completely normal....you are having a major surgery to get rid of an addiction to food...you going to have anxiety about the surgery and the lack of food.  It is all normal.  I would be afraid if you were not a little anxiety ridden.  I haven't had the procedure yet, but I have alot of friends who have.  It is alot of remember but you can do it.  There is a great website called milestogoblog.com.  A women named Julia writes it.  She is 5 years out from Gastric bypass.  She has everything you ever want to know.  Also, it might not be a bad idea to make an appointment with a nutritionist that specializes in bariatric surgeries...She/he can keep you on  track with food and vitamins.  They are worth the $60-70 a session.  You will be able to afford it because you will not have to pay so much on food.  :)

prettyinpink766
on 6/4/11 2:01 pm - Detroit, MI
the replies make me feel so much better because im not feeling like im crazy,lol. Its normal and I want this more than anything, I want and need the restrictions. I want to and will follow the rules and use my tool the best of my ability. I will be going to see the nutritionist on the 13 this month and just take it one day at a time. God Bless.

Lydia W.
on 6/5/11 1:07 am
Good Luck on your surgery! You Will be Fine!!! I had the same feelings also and worried my self ragged about everything! Totaly normal! I know your excited!!! Just think of how much better you'll feel!!! I am so happy and Greatfull everyday that I was able to have mine done!!! I can run arround play with my kids! And do things I wasn't able to before!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views