Surgery June 20th!! Any Former Band Patients? Encouragement?

Rachael Richardson
on 6/9/11 7:04 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Any encouragement, wisdom or advice is appreciated!  Thank you so much  Anyone else feel nervous and scared at that same time?!

Donna

terilynn112
on 6/9/11 7:26 am - maryland, NY
absolutely! I was so scared I drew up a will, for my kids.

Truth is, it didn't hurt any more than the band placement did. I was Much more tired than I was with the band surgery. Bring a small pillow for a splint pillow, when you get up and down. And before you leave the hospital ask for a belly binder. It helps hold things in place when you're up walking and moving. I wore mine for weeks. I knew it was my last chance and I'm living that life. I love my RNY. Never even liked how my band and I got along.

if you have any specific questions please feel free to pm me, or look here for me.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Rachael Richardson
on 6/9/11 11:51 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Thanks glad to hear that you are doing well with the gastric bypass...that is inspirational!
Holly O.
on 6/9/11 10:10 am - FL
Hi Donna,

I understand how your feeling...........I am saying goodbye to my lapband after 4 1/2 yrs. this next Wednesday, June 15th.   I am so excited to have this done finally.  In hine sight wish I would of done this 4 1/2 yrs. ago!!  Good luck and Iknow you will do great!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
Rachael Richardson
on 6/9/11 11:54 am, edited 6/9/11 12:06 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Thanks!!  I wish you the best also!  I am right behind you
Most Active
Recent Topics