blood work concerning

elaynew
on 6/9/11 10:09 pm - Mohegan Lake, NY
I am 6 months post op.  The dr is concerned cause my Alkaline Phosphate (sorry if I mispelled) is very high.  During my 3 mo appt it was 210 and about 5 months it was 160 so it went down but they said it was still very high.  The other concerning thing is my thyroid is now very low.  She said it should be above close to 2 and mine is 1.  I've never had a thyroid problem in my life.  Any advice?

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/10/11 1:51 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

rbb825
on 6/10/11 2:50 pm - Suffern, NY

I am not that familiar with Alkaline Phosphate - I know it usually has to do with liver function but it can also have to do with your bones.  I am not sure the significance in your case. What was your AST and ALT?  these are other liver function tests.    It is good that it is going down.  What did the doctor say?  Is this the surgeon or PCP? I would ask your PCP.

As far as your thyroid goes - do you have copies of the labs?  What thyroid test are you refering to?  A TSH of 1 is perfect.  The normal range for TSH is between .3 and 3.0, so I am not sure which test your doctor is refering to.  I would call and ask for further clarification.  It is also best to get copies of all your labs.  Many times doctors tell us our labs are fine when they are in fact they aren't ideal for us.  It is best when you get your lab results, to post them here and we can give you some suggestions.  I am not saying to go against your doctor but many times we have more experience than many PCP's with this stuff and even in some cases, many surgeons are that up with many of the supplements and also thyroid isn't there area of expertese.

Most Active
Recent Topics