Labs

_Karen
on 6/14/11 4:17 pm, edited 6/14/11 4:18 pm - Clearwater, FL
Most of my labs were good, as I was concerned because I honestly take a lot of gummy vitamins.  (Multi, D3, D, B12, Fiber are all gummies)  The few things I am concerned now that I got my tests results back  is my B12 is 2000!  and I am not sure if that is something that can hurt me or give me any symptoms  if it stays high.  My cholesterol is at 207 and not sure why that is since I limit my fats and I need suggestions for lowering that. The only other one that stood out, a little, was my liver enzymes was 56 normal is 6-40 but she was not to concerned about that.  Still would like to know what that is caused from since I don't drink. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

cajungirl
on 6/14/11 9:17 pm
During rapid weight loss elevated liver enzymes happen.  Don't be too alarmed with them right now, it should level out.

Keep your B-12 there, it's a water soluable vitamin you pee out what you don't need.  Except for right out of surgery I've been able to keep mine between 1500-2000, over 1000 IMO is the best place for us to be.

Cholesterol is a biggie for me too.  Mine never resolved from surgery, it's 100% guarantee that it will.  If your family history has high cholesterol it may be your won't totally resolve.  207 isn't too bad.  Exercise will raise your good and lower your bad, also Niacin (the flush kind) will help with cholesterol.  My PCP is more focused on my good to bad ratio and triglycerides which are excellent. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

_Karen
on 6/14/11 10:21 pm - Clearwater, FL
Thanks so much for your reply, I definitely feel better knowing now.

I appreciate your knowledge and the time you took to answer.

Have a great day, I know I will! 

Most Active
Recent Topics