Frustrated - at 6 months

Mary E.
on 6/16/11 4:21 am - Castle Hayne, NC

Is 6 months another major stall time?  I have been hovering back and forth between 202.5 and 200.4 for two weeks now.  No matter what I do I can't get below that 200 mark and its killing me to be sooo close and not to move to wonderland.  Any suggestions or has anyone else experienced this?

May God Bless us All and please give me the strength and determination to do what it takes to be healthy and active again! - Beth    
poet_kelly
on 6/16/11 4:25 am - OH
It varies from person to person.  Just know that stalls are normal and if it stresses you out, stay off the scale.  You are certainly not done losing yet.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

laura_vermont
on 6/16/11 4:39 am
It felt like forever for me to get under 200.... 201 for weeks it seemed.... for me at least, it was probably more perceived -- I wanted to get there so bad.  Just keep plugging away - follow the rules and it will happen, eventually. 

I hear you on the frustration though.... I am definitely not the patient type.

Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Dave Chambers
on 6/16/11 4:39 am - Mira Loma, CA
Sometimes changing your routine can help.  Make sure you eat a little something the first 30 minutes after waking up. Drink plenty of water. If you happen to consume caffeinated coffee now, my surgeon just recommended drinking twice that amount of additional water. That's to say: if you have 8oz of caffeinated coffee, drink an ADDITIONAL oz of water that day.  Up your protein intake. Vary your diet.  This is a process and wt loss does progress at an even rate got any patient.  Each person has slightly different experiences along the post op journey, so there is no one definitive answer to your question.  Just keep plugging away. It took me 24 months to lose my maximum wt. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Melissalove3
on 6/16/11 4:45 am - Portland, OR
Its frusterating to see the scale move, and move, then NOTHING!!! I understand, I had to go back a reevaluate everything I was eating, drinking, and my excercise. So I could make some tweaks, I found that I was snacking a little too much and I wasnt working out as many days a week. So I upped my water, cut out snacking, and added back in a day of excercise.  Its been a week and the scale has moved 3 lbs.... Back to basics.  

You will hit Onderland PROMISE!!!

I am 1 lb away from 100.. sooo excited!!!!

Mary E.
on 6/16/11 7:43 am - Castle Hayne, NC
Your doing great - Thanks for the advice - I am just not patient and I know I need to be.  1lb from 100 would be exciting but stressful too to me.  It seems like those big milestones are the ones that drive me nuts because you want them sooo bad!  :)

Thanks everyone!
May God Bless us All and please give me the strength and determination to do what it takes to be healthy and active again! - Beth    
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 373 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 340 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 173 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 215 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 123 views
Recent Topics