Tomorrow is my REBIRTH!!! Super Nervous

DoinItRightN2011
on 6/28/11 6:35 am - CA
Hi everyone, tomorrow is the big day for me. I have to be at the hospital for 5:30 a.m., but surgery is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. Even though I've prepared myself, for several months following all my doctors orders, I am still super nervous. I finished my 2 week liquid diet yesterday, and am now doing the cleanse. I cannot wait til this is over. My nerves are a little shot today. 

So, what I am asking for from my OH family, is some prayers for me so that I can get back home to be with my two little boys. I would also appreciate any advice you all might have for me. 

Thanks, and lots of Hugs!!! 

Trina ( In Cali)

HW/358 S/W 311 CW/301 GW/160

Holly O.
on 6/28/11 6:47 am - FL
Congratulations!!  Prayers are being sent your way!!  I am 13 days out and I am doing absolutely wonderful!!  My best advise for you is when  I came to and they let me walk.........do it...........helps get rid of gas right away!!  I feel so good........I have been out walking 3 miles a day since surgery, I rest when I need to and I get 80 oz. protein in daily........3 shakes (25 g. protein each) and some Bariatric fruit drinks (15 g. protein each).  Very easy to get in.  I promise you after the 1st day or 2 you will feel really good!!  Remember this mantra..........walk, walk, sip, sip,rest, rest, sip, sip, walk walk.  You will do great!!!
   Holly                                      
Dorathea
on 6/28/11 6:50 am - Lexington, KY
Revision on 03/28/12
 Good luck tomorrow and I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow and the days to follow.  I am sure you will do great!

<-------Pharmacist  I can answer general questions, but for more serious questions always ask your surgeon.

tcunningham
on 6/28/11 6:51 am - Bay Minette, AL
Congrats and wishing a blessed surgery with a speedy recovery. 

Timeka

Stephanie M.
on 6/28/11 7:16 am - Los Angeles, CA
 Trina,
First of all, congratulations! This is the beginning of your new life! Taking this step will benefit you in every way possible. You will be in my prayers! And second, you have no need to be nervous! I had surgery this past Friday, and if your surgery goes anything like mine, you wont even realize that it's already over! You're on your way to a healthier, happier you, and you will do just fine! Keep us posted!
Steph

hellokitty21
on 6/28/11 7:33 am
I just wanted to wish you good luck!! I have young kids too and I know how nervewracking it can be to think about going into surgery as a mommy! Best of luck of to you...I know everything will be great!

I love that you call it your "rebirth"!
Kim M.
on 6/28/11 8:42 am - NC
Hi just wanted to let you that I too am having my surgery tomorrow.  I guess it hasn't hit me yet that this is really happening!!  I will send happy thoughts and healing prayers your way.  Save me a sit on the loser's bench ok...
Kim    
Carrie S.
on 6/28/11 9:57 am - Asheville, NC
On June 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM Pacific Time, Kim M. wrote:
Hi just wanted to let you that I too am having my surgery tomorrow.  I guess it hasn't hit me yet that this is really happening!!  I will send happy thoughts and healing prayers your way.  Save me a sit on the loser's bench ok...
 Good luck Kim!  Dr. Edwards took my drainage tube out today.  I just love him. 

Take it EASY.  I read everyone's posts that they felt great and so on and so on and 7 days out I'm still only able to walk to the end of the block.  (the heat is KILLING me too)

I feel great otherwise...just don't do too much too soon.  I sorta underestimated how much time I need off work.  Everyone is different, and Dr. Edwards is great.  Just make sure to take it easy on yourself.
XOXOOOXO
Carrie
   RNY June 22, 2011        Asheville, NC
    c
www.carriestewartemrick.wordpress.com 
Highest Weight 250      Starting Weight  226      Goal Weight  ???
Height 5'  6.5"
DoinItRightN2011
on 6/28/11 9:10 am - CA
Hi Everyone, thank you some much for the prayers, well wishes and advice. I have learned so much from each and everyone of you all. The OH family has been my saving grace. It's so wonderful to know that there is a community of people so giving and kind and that can completely understand what I am feeling and going through. You guys are the BEST!!!

Trina 

HW/358 S/W 311 CW/301 GW/160

Vicki D.
on 6/28/11 10:35 am - NC
God Bless sending many prayers up for you I too am having surgery on Thursday I am scared but excieted so do great keep us posted..                                                        

God Bless
                                                                               Vicki

Vicki DePoyster

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 285 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?