Wow! What a difference a week makes

kim_in_alabama
on 7/2/11 1:36 am
It's been one week  today since I came home and man I feel very different.  I had been feeling the pain inside from where I was cut and stitch back together and everytime I laugh sneeze cough or force gas out it hurt.  the bigger incision has closed but still healing.  It warm and the big lump I kept feeling underneath is shrinking everyday.  I can bend over and pick up crap i keep dropping and I'm walking longer distances everyday.  I had been feeling sluggish from trying to drink water and protein and a whole variety of of liquid to change up the taste and get it in and not hurt my pouch.   Once that pain hits I don't want to drink anymore.

But yesterday I went to CVS and they had a sale on powerade zero.  So I bought a couple of bottles.  I can home poured some in mu cup and sip it.  It was soooo good I was able to sip and sip and it didn't hurt .  I finished my cup in about 30 mins.  And I started feeling different in a good my old self way. 

I talk to my hubby and he said it's from all the vitamins and potassium in it I was probably dehydrated from not drink enough fluids and this was what I needed.  I was like cool.  He said to drink on that for that next few days and see what happens. 

Well later on last night we made good on me feeling so much better....(hint hint).  I woke this morning feeling great and downed about another 2oz of cold powerade, I step on the scale and I'm freaking down 9lbs.  My surgical tape has come off and I'm feeling full of energy.  I lifted my shirt to show my scars to  DH and he said wow your shorts have gotten bigger.  Damn, I love that man.....

A great day for me.  Y'all have a happy 4Th of July!!!!!

HW:306  SW:291  CW: 265  GW:165      
MarilynT
on 7/2/11 1:49 am
Good for you (especially for getting busy with the old man!)!! Here's to hoping your path continues to be clear and problem free!

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

Stephanie M.
on 7/2/11 2:04 am - Los Angeles, CA
 I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm a week out as well, and finally I'm starting to get some energy back. It just gets better from here!! 

Have a great 4th!!

Steph

Bkritty
on 7/2/11 4:18 am, edited 7/2/11 4:19 am

I had surgery Monday and what a transformation just since then! I took a fairly long walk outside today and with 25 pounds off my body since I started the preop liquid diet I was able to walk a path I used to struggle to walk quite easily. I didn't even get out of breath going up the small hill that used to kill me! I feel like a new woman! I am still a bit sore, but not too bad at all. I have gone from liquid percocet (man that stuff tastes nasty) every 4 hours to maybe once a day. Im starting to think I can just come off of it all together...I may try tomorrow. YAY ladies! We made it to the other side and things are looking good!!! ::)

Kristie

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 7/2/11 5:11 am

The biggest scar on the left is where the camera goes in.  It was big and puffy for me as well.  At 3 weeks out it is back to normal!

Congrts on finding something you like to drink.  Sounds like you are doing great.

Winnie

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 89 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??