My biggest problem

prettyinpink766
on 7/8/11 10:31 am - Detroit, MI
Is knowing what to eat NOT what not to eat,lol.  Im 3 weeks out and learning the things that either make me too gassy or make me nausea. I also have the "move scale, move scale" thing going on and its only been a few weeks. I just look at so many here and just be in amazement, im so amazed that I cant even give myself time to lose. I hope I get over it soon. Im down about 36 plbs now and can feel it! I just wanna see it tho, ya know what I mean? Were gonna be moving soon so thats a little frightening because I dont wanna hurt myself in no form or fashion. Pray for us and pray that I continue to heal with God speed! Thanks OH Fam!

Price S.
on 7/8/11 10:37 am - Mills River, NC
A lot of it is trial and error while you figure out what suits your pouch.  Other than that, stay with your Drs program, get in your fluid and protein and the scale will take care of itself.  Good luck.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

bittybabynurse
on 7/9/11 3:03 am - MN
I'm with you lady! I'm about three days behind you and I run into that too. So I chicken out and eat the same three things. I'm not even brave enough to experiment too much. I have that "move scale" mentality too. I'm thinking I need to give it to my husband to keep in his car for a few weeks, so I stop weighing myself so much...

For me when I've dieted in the past, I've always gotten about this far and then failed so I'm living in fear of that this time around, that I'll just somehow fail.... But we can do it! You've done great and you'll continue doing great!!

Good luck with the move. Just take it easy!
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Koko M.
on 7/9/11 12:00 pm - Albany, CA
You guys are both kind of at one of the transitional moments. (It's all transition of course, all the time, but the first few turns are that much more shaky.)
You're not just freshly post-op, but you're far from completely healed, and you haven't been in it long enough establish a new "normal", so it all seems a little off.

As you continue to heal, some of the things that just don't work now will become edible, and as you get further along, you'll find varients on the things that work. Like right now say you can't eat eggs, but refried beans work. As you go, you'll maybe find that you can do the refried beans with finely chopped roasted chiken breast, or maybe you'll discover that black beans with roasted chile salsa and a blob of FF yogurt spins your propeller. And that you can't eat fried eggs in the morning, but scrambled soft with a crumble of feta and a little green onion make a wonderful dinner.

I won't lie, my routine daily eating is less varied than before surgery, simply because I'm still learning too. But every month, I find more things that work, and when I do have the time and energy, I do have enough ingredients on my "OK" list to get creative.

As for the losing, what you did here is great; find a few others that have their surgery date roughly around yours, as well as a similar amount to lose, and kind of pace yourself.  You'll most likely find that, between their stalls and yours, you're averaging out just fine.

Hang tough!
It's worth it.

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 234 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 66 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 66 views