Commercial Weight Loss Programs (XP)??

funeebonez
on 7/14/11 3:22 am - Logan, UT
Jenny Craig, Weigh****chers, Nutrisystems.... the list could go on and on......

I know that other posters will say " If it didnt work before surgery it wont work now" but, I was just asking if anyone has tried any of these programs after having wls?

I am almost 2 yrs out RNY and have about 10 more pounds to lose. They will not budge no matter what! Ive tried to contact my NUT with no responses (as of yet, last 2 days). I have cut out carbs, upped my protein and water intake and even added more physical activity.

One of my family members who has not had WLS was thinking of doing Jenny Craig again but was wondering if I could do it with her? I dont know the answer to this question as to why Im asking you guys for opinions. The woman at the local JC tells me she has had wls and this program works for everyone? Dont know just wondering what others thought?
parrothead516
on 7/14/11 4:00 am - FL
I think they all work !!!!!!!!!!! It depends on how bad someone wants it. My wife does weigh****chers and she has lost 25lbs. Maybe your ideal weight is were you are now ???

Scott

funeebonez
on 7/14/11 4:30 am - Logan, UT
Perhaps it is :)   Thanks for your reply!
Writer57
on 7/14/11 4:52 am - Springfield, IL
I use weigh****chers.  I love it.  I'm still really early on, but a weekly meeting and weigh in helps me feel accountable.  I mean really, if you're lucky there's maybe a bariatric support group once a month and it's really geared towards new patients.  But people at weigh****chers are dealing with the same things (or at least similar) we are and sometimes you pick up good ideas.  It's also not a "diet" it's about healthy eating/lifestyle.  I like it when if I'm having a hard week people clap because I lost 5lbs or just because I showed up maybe.  Plus my mom & I do it together (she can't have surgery due to various health issues) and it works for both of us.  Weigh****chers has gone more protien concious recently too and that helps.  Of course I don't follow it exactly, but that's just my take on it.  Hope it helps.

Janice D.
on 7/14/11 5:03 am - Roanoke Rapids, NC
You might look up TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) in your area.  I have been a member for over 3 years and they were with me before my surgery, during it and now.  I have lost over 180 pounds and find the support to be invaluable.  They have a special "division" for those who have had surgery for prizes and recognition.  It is much cheaper than Weigh****chers and is excellent.  www.tops.org has some useful information.  Janice
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 305 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 224 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 224 views