Just Devastated

Chickenboob
on 7/13/11 11:42 am - Rockland, Canada
I may not be able to go to have my surgery because my husband may not be able to get the time off of work. I have been so good, worked so hard for nothing. A year of my life wasted. what **** off! I just started week 3 of optifast. The hotel was prepaid. I haven't stopped crying in the last 6 hours because my mom called and made everything worse! I am so angry, I don't know what to do. I just want to scream and have a tantrum about how unfair all of this garbage is. SOrry I am in the middle of a major pity party.
fiveholts714
on 7/13/11 11:48 am - St. George, UT
If he worked for an employer with more than 50 employees and he's been there a year they have to give him FMLA. don't give up yet
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/13/11 11:50 am - OH
FMLA (or something similar) may not be available in Canada...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/13/11 11:49 am - OH
I am assuming from your post that you have to travel to where you will having surgery.  Is there anyone else who could go with you if your husband cannot get off work?  Your mom, a sibling, a good friend (especially since the hotel is prepaid, it wouldn't cost them anything)...?

Cry a little to let the frustration out and then take a deep breath and start looking at possible "plan B" options!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 7/13/11 11:51 am
Don't give up. Do you think it is possible to maybe ask 3 friends to help you. One for each day or a half a day?

I've read that some people are home by themselves and are just fine. Not everyone on the board is married,have children or siblings.

I would set my room up with table and vitamins and water on a stand beside the bed and whatever else you may need.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Mrs_O
on 7/13/11 11:54 am - TX
When I had my surgery I was in the hospital for just one night, my husband and mom both took off time to help me out but really I didn't need them.  My husband drove me to the hospital for surgery, stayed the night with me and drove me home the next day.  As soon as I got home I showered, got in bed and was able to get around by myself just fine.  My mom actually being here was more work for me because I found myself cooking for her and my husband and making sure they were comfortable!!  Geez, when they left back to work it was easier because I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself:)  Anyway, can someone else look out for you for just a day or so?  Just a thought but starting over again seems like such a hassle considering how close you are.  Good luck!!

Chickenboob
on 7/13/11 11:58 am - Rockland, Canada
I have to go toronto, 5 hours away. My mom was my plan B, but after our phone conversation tonight. I think I need a plan C. But there is no one else. Thanks for letting me vent. It may not work out, but it isn't the end of the world. I will just try again next year.
Dave Chambers
on 7/13/11 12:01 pm - Mira Loma, CA
With all of the time and money you've invested, I'd be unwilling to cancel my surgery. Get a good friend, adult child, brother or sister, etc. to go with you to have your surgery.   I'm guessing your surgeon wants someone to be with you for the first few days?  Not be left alone, correct?  Or does he have to drive you some distance to the hospital for surgery?  How could your mom make things worse?  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Kim26
on 7/13/11 12:10 pm
Don't give up! Even if you had to pay a neighbor...someone to drive you to hospital, then it might be tough but your husband could drive to pick you up after work....or stay in hotel until the weekend. When I came home I did not need anyone to help. Think of EVERY option....don't give up!

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
kanitster1
on 7/13/11 12:22 pm - OH
I've had 3 C-sections and didn't have any help when I got home. The 2nd and 3rd ones were the worst having to take care of 2 toddlers..lol. I'm taking a taxi to and from the hospital. My husband will be away on a business trip and I didn't want to cancel my surgery. I'm going to do this and be strong. You can too. Give yourself some credit. You've come this far on your journey...are you ready to just give up?
If you have to, stay in the hotel for a few days to recoup until your better for the travel home. Hate to see you throw in the towel after all your work.
Take care
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 109 views