Bread

Stacy4442
on 7/19/11 11:42 am
Has anyone tried the bread made from sprouted grains instead of flour?  The kind I bought has 4 grams of protien per slice. 

hlacy
on 7/19/11 2:25 pm - Chandler, AZ
Ironically I was just checking this out tonight while at Sprouts. I am still pre-op, but it looks interesting. I'll be curious to see what others have to say...
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Stacy4442
on 7/20/11 11:07 am
The brand on it is Food for Life.  They have a web site.  I don't do well with bread as a rule but I have no problem with this.  I found it in the frozen section at my regular grocery, in the organic section. 

dasie
on 7/19/11 8:42 pm
What is the name of it, and do you know if Whole Foods has it?

babybooo828
on 7/19/11 11:12 pm
What is the name of this bread? I would love to check it out.

It seems like it would be good for us. I am trying to find alternative breads because flour seems to be making me sick. I have been trying out different whole grain breads. 

siberiancat
on 7/20/11 2:02 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Personally, for me, it was best to learn to live without bread the first 8 months or so.  There is little nutrition in bread.  4 gm protein is not much.  Most bread - unless it says 100% whole grain (it must say 100% - NOT just whole grain) is processed flour with some vitamins and fiber thrown in.

Bread will often make a "wad" in our pouch and is just not comfortable.

Once you get out of the habit of using bread for a sandwich and eat bunless or with lettuce leaves as "bread" etc, you kinda lose the craving for bread.

For many of us bread is a slipery slope.
Eat the protein first, then veggies, fruit & whole grain - usually no room left for less nutritious stuff like white four and white sugar, etc.

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics