One Month Anniversary Today! What A Month It Was...Excited

Rachael Richardson
on 7/20/11 7:25 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with

Accidently posted this on the Main Forum.  June 20th I had my surgery and I feel good!  I have to admit everyday has not been easy, however, it does get better and the rewards are awesome. I lost 29 lbs since June 20th and  inches.  I went to Kohls with my daughter yesterday, and decided to try on two women's XL sundresses that were cut pretty loose.  I fit them...my stomach is still poofy but I did not care beause last month I could not even get them half way on!  Also I got "hit on" by two guys this week in the store LOL LOL has not happened in a while!  I am married and I am 42..my daughter just laughed.

On a serious note it was a difficult time when I first came home from the hospital, and for me yes it was painful.  I just kept telling myself it will get better,the pain will subside and the muscle soreness will go away!  The Nausea is still there and in the AM I take Zofran.  I know Nausea will soon subside because it gets better each week.  Two weeks ago I had it all day!

To those about to have surgery or just had surgery do not worry it does get better each week.  Just remember to keep drinking your fluids and protein is so important.   Listen to your NUT and surgeon there is a reason for the food stages.  I know it can be hard....just keep the faith.  My journey is continuing and the work involved in respecting our bodies and eating healthy is lifelong.

I want to thank all of the OH family for your support!!  

Blessings to everyone.

Donna

Duck_Girl
on 7/20/11 7:55 am
awesome and congratulations! 

Thank you for showcasing the ups and downs in the first month being 8 days post op I know exactly what you're talking about.

Good luck on your journey :) 

Kristina41
on 7/20/11 8:02 am
RNY on 06/26/12
It was so good to read what you wrote....for those of us with anxieties who are in the pre-surgery, test stage. It helped to remind me that what is coming may not be easy, it may be a struggle sometime but the reward is a healthier life so I can be around my children in years to come. Please keep posting.....
hisxmorticia
on 7/20/11 9:17 am - FL
today is my one month too!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Rachael Richardson
on 7/21/11 1:00 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Congratulations! Lets keep supporting eachother...

Donna

GastricKitty
on 7/20/11 9:19 am - VA
We had surgery on the same day. Happy 1 month surgiversary! I know how you feel. I'm getting hit on a lot now. lol. I down almost 2 clothes sizes. I'm still having trouble getting in my all my fluids and protein, but I'm close to my minimum. I got permission today by the surgeon to start working out (I was only able to walk and such so far) and start solids. Good luck on your journey!
bandlmcholland
on 7/20/11 10:00 am
Hey!  I had surgery on June 20th as well!  Feeling better all the time, but I am having a little trouble getting all the protein in too.  Any suggestions?  My DR. said he wants me to get off the protein shakes soon, but I just can't seem to eat enough in other ways .

Anyway, thank you for posting and keep up the great work! 

Carrie W.
on 7/21/11 1:15 am - KY
My plan is only 3 meals a day, no shakes, no snacks.  Like you I was struggling with getting in more protein.  I could usually get 60g but I wanted to be closer to 80g and that's nearly impossible with only 3 meals.  I did talk to the NUT and she told me it's okay to use a shake as a meal REPLACEMENT.  So I have a shake and only a shake for breakfast.  It boosts my protein enough that I can have  normal 3oz protein/ 1/2cup veg meals and still hit 80g of protein for the day.  

Greek yogurt is a good way to boost protein.  Before I got to where I couldn't eat the stuff, I had greek yogurt with some sf preserves and a scoop of unflavored protein powder for breakfast.  That really boosted the protein.  I can't stand to think of the stuff now.  I can't stand eggs or turkey bacon now either.  I have a problem with breakfast, can you tell?  

Good luck!!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

hisxmorticia
on 7/20/11 10:38 am - FL
im not getting in all of mine either, but ive heard thats not uncommon in the beginning. i just try to make things full of protein. i made a crock pot chili last week with lentils & vegan meat crumbles, im not vegan or even vegetarian, but it added SO much protein. i added those 2 things to my usual recipe, plus some veggies for some bulk. it was delicious! my husband loved it too. i froze 1/2c. portions for easy dinner/lunches.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics