9 months post op pic!

TuckerTexas
on 7/24/11 12:48 am, edited 7/24/11 12:49 am - TX
This is my friend Cam(left of the screen) and I (right of the screen).

We both had RNY on Oct 14th, 2010.

Cam, starting weight 260, current weight 130.
Me, starting weight 310, current weight 195.
(before weights and picture are from Jan 2010 just a few weeks before our first meeting with our surgeon.)

Cam is trying to slow down and I'm trying to keep it going, lol.
Both of us are doing great. I had to have my gallbladder removed in Feb and Cam will be having her's removed soon but otherwise no complications for either of us.

Enjoy the pic!

lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 7/24/11 12:57 am - MO
Congrats to both of you on you success, and might i add u surely dont look like u weigh 195 lbs you look amazing and very pretty :)

Duck_Girl
on 7/24/11 1:01 am
Yes!!! You both looks amazing. I didnt think there was anyway you weighed 195 in this picture either.

TuckerTexas
on 7/24/11 1:09 am - TX
Thank you!!!

And all my weight is in my thighs&butt.... I float between at size 14 and 16 right now depending on the brand. Frustrating thing is that right now my waist is a 14 but most 14's are way too small on my thighs, while 16's fit my thighs but are way to big on my waist. Oh well. In my before picture I'm wearing a size 26 so I'm happy with everything I've gotten so far!

:)
Tenaciousc1974
on 7/24/11 1:55 am - CA
You both look fantastic!
Chris

start/pre-op/current/goal weights:  286/240/138/130

Anewlife1979
on 7/24/11 2:59 am - Atlanta, GA
You guys do look great. I had my surgery July 21,2011. I have a question, Ive heard alot of people have there gallbladders removed after having this surgery, is this normal? Why would you have to get it removed
I got my scheduled surgery date. 7-21-2011                     
TuckerTexas
on 7/24/11 4:07 am - TX
:)

First, being overweight to begin with gives you a higher chance of having gallbladder issues. Second for whatever reason loosing weight fast (with or without surgery) increases your chance of developing gallbladder problems. My doctor says 1/3 of his surgery patients end up having to have their gallbladders out.

Once the gallbladder starts going bad there isn't any medication or therapy that can help it recover so it has to come out. It has something to do with the enzymes buidling up/crystalizing and forming sludge and/or eventually gallstones. 

My experience with the gallbladder was on the painful side. I woke up at 3 a.m. one night in pain so bad I went to the ER (even though I hate ER's, previously-unknowingly delayed having a broken bone looked at till my dr.'s office was open two days later because I didn't want to go to the ER). They gave me some pain medicine and I altered my diet a little bit to manage it till I could have my gallbladder out a few weeks later. The gallbladder removal was very easy, specially compared to the RNY! I didn't have to stay overnight in the hospital and I felt like nothing had happened after just a few days even though the RNY left me laid up for a week and a half. :)
Donna R.
on 7/24/11 3:21 am - Ocala, FL
The two of you look Fabulous!!!  I sure you feel the same way.  The journey is awesome, keep up the good work.
Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/11 3:34 am - Boston, MA
 Agreed, you both look AMAZING!!!
Amy T.
on 7/24/11 4:48 am - CA
 Way to go, both of you!  You both look fabulous!  You DONT look 195 at all!  Keep up the great work!

Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 313 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 6 replies · 97 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 6 replies · 97 views