pain

pamelatx111
on 7/27/11 11:57 am - TX
Today I had my drain removed. It was a breeze. No big deal. But  now I am finding that I actually hurt  more getting up and down and sitting. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this situation? Thanks!

Laugh Often. Regret Nothing!                               Surgery date 7/18/11
qnmimi
on 7/27/11 4:03 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
That area just had a tube ripped out of it, and IT has to heal. Being sore there is normal. Try warm packs, heating pad. Just keep an eye on it for any drainage, excessive pain. Great milestone though!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/11 9:43 pm - OH
There might be some minimal, short-term muscle discomfort after having the drain removed, but the drain was just sitting freely in the abdominal cavity (not attached to anything) so when it is removed, nothing has to heal except the small holes in your skin and muscle (which, because of the nature of muscles, will just close up around that very small area and should not cause lingering discomfort).

It might somewhat depend on WHERE your surgeon placed the drain (whether it is in a place in the muscle that gets stressed a lot getting up and down), but just sitting shouldn't cause discomfort. 

If you are still experiencing the problem today, you should probably contact your surgeon's office and ask them what they think.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views