Not Sure What to Think...

babybooo828
on 7/28/11 9:15 am
 I went on a job interview the other day for a nanny position (I landed the job) and I was talking about my brothers and the mom asked how old they were. I said one is a year older, 26, and the other is a year younger, 24. The mom was shocked..."I thought you were 19. I think the site said that". My birthday date, including the year is entered on the site, but I do recall is saying something about me 19 recently, but when I checked again, it said 25. lol. I'm not that young, although, pre-surgery, I was always carded. I haven't drank since surgery to know if I would be or not.

Then today, I was at the library checking out with my niece and nephew and the lady who checked us out, was the mom of my best friend in high school. So I started telling the kids her and name and that she was my friends mom. She looked at me really confussed and then I gave her my card to check me out and after she scanned it and looked at me, she was like, "You're not Lauren?" I said thats me. All she said was, "You're different now." lol... whats that suposed to mean? Was that a compliment or was she still confussed? 

FLJeepGirl
on 7/28/11 10:35 am
I think it was a compliment.  I think people that notice when you lose weight are scared to point it out.  Maybe if she said, "Hey you've lost weight and look great", she would be afraid she'd insult you...so said "differen't".  I think different is good :-)
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

seashell6417
on 7/28/11 11:07 am - Gaylord, MN
I totally agree w/ the previous poster.  I think people are afraid of offending by pointing out weight loss.  It is kind of fun to not be recognized, though.  When I went to pick up my own mother at the airport after losing a lot of weight and cutting off most of my hair she just walked right by me as I approached her.  She didn't realize it was me until I turned around, caught her attention and spoke to her.  LOL
Tami

LisaBee1964
on 7/28/11 11:18 am - OH
i agree--take it as a compliment! :)
  I am lovin' life!         
babybooo828
on 7/28/11 8:28 pm
 Yeah, I kind of think she ment it as a compliment... it's just the weirdest compliment. lol.

I'm thinking maybe she wasn't sure what to say because maybe she was embarrassed because she didn't recognize me at first. 

That was a first for me, but probably not a last. I'm sure I will find more things like that happening as time passes. 

Most Active
Recent Topics