Bad vomiting since last night--advice needed!!

LossLeader
on 7/28/11 11:04 pm, edited 7/28/11 11:25 pm
So, just when you think everything is getting back to normal.... last night at about 10 I had some bad chicken, bad in the sense of being too tough. I should have known better. After sporadic vomiting I finally got it all out at about 3 am and slept well.

OK, so far everything normal. But now this morning I had my morning diluted apple juice with my vitamins at about  8 a.m., and I couldn't keep it down. I just tossed the apple juice and probably the vitamins.

I then took a couple of teaspoons of Carafate, which my doctor had prescribed to take with an NSAI, hopefully to get my stomach back to normal/

This is the first time I've had stomach irritation after a vomiting episode. What should I do now? I thought I'd wait till 10 (eastern time) to give the Carafate a chance to work and start over again with the vitamins, or maybe have a normal breakfast and see if that stays down.

Highest weight: approx. 293
Pre-fast weight: 284
Surgery weight: 274
Lowest weight:163
Current weight:182 

keepitoff91
on 7/28/11 11:54 pm
Sometimes after a "stuck" food episode, my pouch needs to be babied a bit for a day or two.  It's probably just grouchy.  If it were me, I would stick to sliders today and give it a bit of a rest. 

On another note, you take NSAIDS?  That intrigues me.  Tell me more, please...

LossLeader
on 7/28/11 11:57 pm, edited 7/28/11 11:57 pm
Thanks, that's sort of my sentiment as well. What are "sliders"? I was thinking of having Greek yogurt for breakfast.

Re NSAIDs: I taken them when I have gout, which is rarely. My doc once said I can take the Carafate, which is an anti-ulcer medicine, if I had a vomiting episode.

Highest weight: approx. 293
Pre-fast weight: 284
Surgery weight: 274
Lowest weight:163
Current weight:182 

keepitoff91
on 7/29/11 12:02 am
Sliders are yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes, etc.  If you swallow vitamin pills, maybe space them out one every half hour or so as not to overburden your grouchy pouchy.

LossLeader
on 7/29/11 12:08 am
Good idea. I have to split one of the pills, the Centrum Silver. That usually doesn't cause any problem but today it did.

This is the first time I've had a second day issue after a nighttime vomiting spell. Just goes to show you. I was feeling all terrific, being down to my goal weight and all, and even planned to cook a no-sugar apple pie tonight.  Shows how we have to be careful not to slip!

I had made chicken breasts, and they were really awful, but I ate half of one anyway! Still paying for that mistake twelve hours later.
labellavita1982
on 7/29/11 12:16 am - Neenah, WI
That happened to me once. I'm on carafate now for an ulcer that I have.

HW-500lbs SW-381 CW-235 GW-185
Steph
LossLeader
on 7/29/11 12:48 am, edited 7/29/11 12:50 am
You mean the vomiting from stuck food gave you an ulcer? Or did you have gout?

Just had sme yogurt. Still not feeling too great, though it is staying down.

Trish S.
on 7/29/11 1:59 am - Upstate , NY
I hope you feel better soon......
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 313 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 6 replies · 98 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 6 replies · 98 views