Olive Oil?

shannon0731
on 7/28/11 11:29 am - LA
I am Italian and have always cooked more with Olive Oil than with butter. I am just now starting to be able to eat cooked veggies and beans. I am wondering when I can (or even IF I can) add small amounts of olive oil to foods being cooked. What is the verdict on this?

Thanks!

Shannon
I'm Ready!

brwneyz
on 7/28/11 12:13 pm
LOVE OLIVE OIL!!!!!  Cook with it all the time! 
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

poet_kelly
on 7/28/11 12:37 pm - OH
You can use it now if you want.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seashell6417
on 7/28/11 12:42 pm - Gaylord, MN
I use it, too.  Just had asparagus and eggplant marinated in fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and olive oil cooked on the grill tonight.  Sooooo good!
Tami

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 4:49 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Absolutely!  You'll find it helps keep you from being constipated, also.

Enjoy!
ready_2_live
on 7/28/11 7:26 pm - Niceville, FL
Love my olive oil! And it has way too many health benefits to ever give it up.
dasie
on 7/28/11 8:28 pm
I'm Italian too, and the joke in our house is we don't cook with it, we drink it.  It is the only oil I use, and I use a lot of it all the time.  It's the only thing I go overboard with.  I try to measure it, sometimes, but I don't worry about the amount too much.

shannon0731
on 7/28/11 9:44 pm - LA
Thanks everyone!! But what I really need to know too is WHEN? I am only 3 and 1/2 weeks out. Is it too soon to start cooking with it?  See, my doc has the schedule--I gradually started adding foods--like this week I am on cheeses, cooked veggies and beans and canned fruit. Next week I am at fresh fruit, eggs, and other stuff. Every week I add stuff. Just want to make sure if I add olive oil know, it is not too soon.

thanks!!

Shannon
I'm Ready!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views