Plastic Surgery

babybooo828
on 7/28/11 8:51 pm
I am 11 months out, so this won't happen anytime soon.

I've been thinking of saving up for plastic surgery for maybe 2 to 4 years from now, but now I am questioning that. I am 25, so I still hopeful, that after sone time, my skin may tighten up some, but I guess I won't really know until time passes.

My concern is, that when I find my future husband, I am hoping to have children. I'm thinking it would be a bit pointless to have plastic surgery, and then to get pregnant because my skin would have to stretch again, and my guess is, that it's already so thin so getting stretch out more would just make it worse. I don't want to pay for plastic surgery, for my skin to stretch again and possibly not come back in.

I would love to hear anyone's opinion on this. Maybe you can offer a viewpoint that I haven't thought of yet?

I know that it would ultimatly be my decission and no one can tell me what to do, but I think seeing things from someone else's eyes may be worth considering.

Vivian Prouty
on 7/28/11 9:13 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Since you are in the process still of losing your weight.....and you are young....you may not have to worry about that much excess skin.    My surgeon said that your skin shrinks for 2 yrs. post WLS.   I would wait that  2 yrs.    Then you can make your decision on PS.   Personally ....I would wait till you are finished having children.     Good luck to you and your planning ahead.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

babybooo828
on 7/28/11 9:47 pm
That's kind of amazing that the skin will shrink for two years! I'm not even done losing yet, so I know if I did do PS it would be years from now. I know I would need to be at a stable weight for a few years before.

Waiting until after having kids, probably would be the best plan, if I even needed plastic surgery.

I think right now, I am just a little sensative about the extra skin, and if a guy would even find me attractive. But when I think about it, I guess I wouldn't want to be with a guy who didn't love every aspect of me including my extra skin! lol. 

I'm really hopeful that my skin will shrink. I think I just have to be patient. 

purpleamanda
on 7/28/11 10:32 pm - TN
i was told that people in their 20s skin bounces back pretty good (im 24) and from different research i have done i have some things that im gonna do to help my skin along... these are not quarentees! just suggestions!
use a derma roller
lotion up several times daily
use a skin firming lotion
use an anti ageing lotion after using derma roller
yoga
lift weights
excercise

these are jus**** i plan to do in hopes of helping my skin! good luck!
    *Amanda*                
Most Active
Recent Topics