Husband getting on my nerves( kinda long vent)

Kim M.
on 7/31/11 11:53 am - NC
Today has been anything but good, more like hell.  Well let me start off saying, I'm one month out and have lost 25lbs.  My surgeon and dietician are proud of my weightloss to date.  I thought I had been doing good, well it seems its not good enough for my husband.  Tomorrow we leave for vacation and to celebrate our birthdays,  but he has really showed his true colors.  I mean, he is being mean.  He tells me that I'm not going to succeed, and at six months I'll gain my weight back and end up going up to five hundred pounds.

To make matters worse, he talks about me to his co-workers.  I'm scared to death of falling on my face after having my one chance of becoming healthy. I'm having to force myself to drink, eat and do my shakes.

I'm doubting my choice now, It is hard to face this alone. If I don't exercise, he *****es, if I eat, he *****es.  I'm trying really hard to do what it takes to be successful, but I feel it's useless to try anymore. 

Thank you all for letting me get this off my chest, have a great evening..
Kim    
acbbrown
on 7/31/11 12:01 pm - Granada Hills, CA
It seems that maybe he's having issues with your surgery - you may want to consider some kind of counseling with him. His comments are abusive - you shouldn't have to put up with that so you need to find out what's going on in his head that's making him react like this. Of course, if he was like this before surgery, there could be bigger marital problems.

Hope things work out for you.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ircute
on 7/31/11 12:04 pm - Graham, WA
I am so sorry, if you don't have the support of your husband, that sure makes this a hard journey.  I have been getting all kinds of bad feed back about my choice to have RYN, (9 days from now)  Lucky for me, its not from my husband..  Most of my family doesn't even know..  They all live out of state, its the people I work & live around that are hating on me.  25 lbs is awesome!  Keep your chin up!  xoxo  
 On the road to find out.............   

MLS

turningpoint
on 7/31/11 12:04 pm
although not physical, is behavior is abuse - emotionally.  I am sorry you are going through this.  No one deserves to be treated like that, EVER.   Have you two ever tried marriage counseling?  You deserve better.

As long as you follow your surgeons instructions and not worry about what hubby thinks of the food/exercise you are taking in,  you will do fine. 

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
Carrie S.
on 7/31/11 12:18 pm - Asheville, NC
 Kim
You're doing GREAT!!
Please don't let him get you down.
If it's an consolation, you had surgery AFTER me and have lost MORE than me!  
Don't listen to him, he has no idea what he's talking about.  
Take care of youself and let me know if you need to talk.
XOXOXO
Carrie
   RNY June 22, 2011        Asheville, NC
    c
www.carriestewartemrick.wordpress.com 
Highest Weight 250      Starting Weight  226      Goal Weight  ???
Height 5'  6.5"
immafatgirl
on 7/31/11 12:35 pm - KY
LORD, HONEY, LET THIS BE YOUR MODIVATION TO SHOW HIM YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS . LET HIS CO-WORKERS SEE THIS HOT CHICK THAT HAS BEEN EMOTIONALLY ABUSED. DO IT MOSTLY FOR YOU THO. U WILL FEEL GREAT . INSTEAD OF LETTING IT GET YOU DOWN.M AKE IT A REASON TO STRIVE EVEN HARDER FOR WHAT YOU WANT . PROVE HIM WRONG IS WHAT IM SAYING...i hate when ppl try to drag you down. i get that all the time and it make sme angry when i see other ppl ging thru it also. keep up the good work and just hold your own. i would smack him in the mouth . and as far as talking to his co-workers about your personal lives . that is just so mean and cold. hes just afraid u will succeed. but u r going to out shine him and it scares him. men like ur husband . are very shallow... sorry but the truth hurts. i dont like him right now.. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 1:04 pm - Santa Cruz, CA

You're my shero!

One of the things I like about this surgery is how it seems to release the Inner Lioness in
so many of us.

Roar, Sister!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 12:43 pm - Santa Cruz, CA

Whatever you do in life, you are the only one who must live with your choices, I don't care who
is or is not standing next to you.  (Unless they are your children in which case all the preceding
philosophy is horses***) 

Get up on your hind legs and tell that a** that he needs to shut his freaking piehole and let you
do what you need to do. 

He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, so just ignore the farting noises coming out
his mouth, and get going with working your new journey.  His "friends" at work probably already
know what an idiot he is, so don't worry about what they think.  It means nothing.

You are not alone.  There are thousands of us who have undergone the same thing that you are
going through. 

Go gettem, Kid.

Samantha.M
on 7/31/11 12:47 pm - Germany
 Sounds like insecurities(sp?) to me. Keep your head held high and don't let him get you down. You are doing great. 

Also, You're not doing this alone. You have everyone here on your side.
Proud army wife and mom of 2 ♥       
ircute
on 7/31/11 12:49 pm - Graham, WA
Just a fast question, did you ever insult you like this before you got your surgery, before you started to lose weight?
 On the road to find out.............   

MLS

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views
Recent Topics