Is there any old surgery people out there say from 9 or 10 years ago?

grannygrape
on 8/5/11 3:57 pm - Gervais, OR
Well'I had my Roux-en-y 11 years ago in the year 2000,and i had no problem loseing weight went down to 105,I could eat what i wanted to and i felt great,well now hwere comes the bummer,6 months ago i started putting on weight,god help me i am still drinking my protein,water pills exercise and every thing else and did the pouch test also,so whats up with this?I get to 60(age) and i start getting fat again?I dont get it?Has this happened to any one else
i had my surgery in 2000 and i have been doing great,but now i have been diagnosed with copd,and fealing kinda yuckey,I have been staying right aroung110 to 120 and now i have shot up to 145,no change in my diet or exercise,will more proteine help or what? I dont want to gain any more! Help Linda
Ladytazz
on 8/5/11 6:44 pm
Did anything change 6 months ago?  Less active, more carbs?  If nothing changed then I would go to the doctor and have some tests done.  Maybe your thyroid is out of whack?
Many people have some rebound after 1 1/2 years or so out but to go 10 years and then suddenly gain weight for no reason must indicate a medical problem.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

momsal
on 8/5/11 10:50 pm - PA
You have been doing GREAT!!!!   I hope you figure it out.   Are you on different meds for the copd?

I have a question for you what is the pouch test?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3alHmD/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w3alHmD/weight.png[/img]

dasie
on 8/6/11 12:45 am
How much have you gained, and how long did it take to regain that amount?  You said you can eat anything you want.  Does that mean desserts, breads, pasta, high carb, sugary foods?  How much and how often do you eat them?  What is your exercise level?  Have you recently retired, changed jobs?  Are you takin new medications.I am only 20 months post op and can already see the impact those foods have on me when I eat them and deaprt from my plan.  I am very interested to read responses from those who are years post op.  You have done well being 10 years post op and being able to maintain your weight.

Ladytazz
on 8/6/11 4:09 am
 I didn't read the part about the COPD.  I agree, are you on any new meds?  Anti depressants and steriods, among others, are notorious for weight gain.  Also, if you are eating a lot of refined carbs like sugar, breads and pasta you may have just been extremely lucky for the past 10 years and it is catching up to you.  I know with my first WLS I could eat whatever I wanted for the first 2 years and I lost weight but after 2 years the ability to eat more, combined with my poor choices, contributed to a 100lb gain.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

severman
on 8/6/11 12:08 pm - Indianapolis, IN
 I am 9 years post op RNY.  I am trying to lose the rest of steroid weight that I regained.  I regained 90 pounds in six months from steroids and have been able to lose all but about 25 pounds.  I just went back to the basics: keeping a food journal, exercising, getting in more protein, and cut out diet drinks.  Hopefully you aren't taking any new medicines that are affecting your weight.  I would recommend talking to your PCP and going back to the basics.  You've done it once and you can do it again!  Good luck.

Stephanie E
grannygrape
on 8/6/11 3:00 pm - Gervais, OR
Thank you all for the good advice,I have a appt.with my gastroaligest(I Know i spelled that wrong)l.o.l.hopefully they can sort this all out,so thanks again for your time,you all are great!!
i had my surgery in 2000 and i have been doing great,but now i have been diagnosed with copd,and fealing kinda yuckey,I have been staying right aroung110 to 120 and now i have shot up to 145,no change in my diet or exercise,will more proteine help or what? I dont want to gain any more! Help Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views