Miralax + Colace + Benefiber

Sasrah1972
on 8/7/11 5:04 am - NY
I am already taking 4+!Colace a day plus 2 servings of Benefiber. Will I be ok to add miralax to that? Is there potential for an interaction?
Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

poet_kelly
on 8/7/11 5:56 am - OH
I'm pretty sure it's fine, but maybe you can call a pharmacy (any one) and ask the pharmacist to make sure.  Pharmacists are a great resource for that.  And it doesn't even matter if you get prescriptions filled there or not.  You can just call and ask.

Speaking of asking the pharmacist, wanna hear something real funny?  For a while my nephew, who has a bunch of emotional and behavioral problems, lived with me.  He was on several psych meds.  Then we learned that he was smoking pot.  I knew alcohol was dangerous with his meds and figured pot probably was too (I mean pot is not a good idea for a 15 year old even if they aren't on meds) but I wasn't positive and I also didn't know exactly what the dangerous might be.  I wanted to be able to give him the facts in the hopes that he would decide for himself to quit smoking (didn't work, but it sounded like a good plan, right?)

So I called my favorite pharmacy and asked the pharmacist what the risks of smoking pot while taking these particular meds were.  There was a slight pause before he answered, but he didn't laugh.  At least not while he was on the phone with me.  I have a feeling he cracked up after he hung up, though.  I bet that's not a question he gets asked very often.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

shellbell75
on 8/7/11 7:48 am
Yes, it is ok. I take Colace, benifiber in every shake and 1/2 a serving of miralax a day. Oh I also take 4 200mg of mag ox with my calcium. Good grief. I feel like some days I need dynamite. My surgeon ok this routine for me.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Most Active
Recent Topics