your first restaurant barf

hisxmorticia
on 8/6/11 11:05 am - FL
lol, how was it? i almost had to barf up the tuna salad i ate at calistoga today. i was so wrapped up in my daughter & her fake stomach ache i totally forgot to chewchewchew! omg i felt so sick, ive barfed several times at home, but im usually very careful in public. i know it would offer relief & i was convinced it had to happen. but nope, false alarm, lol. i remember my first lap band public barf, it was at nick studios after eating a piece of canteloupe, i had to RUN to the bathroom, lol so humiliating.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
ktharp89
on 8/6/11 11:09 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Lol love the title of this thread.

For me it was sushi. I was three weeks out and it was before my stricture was dilated. It was a REALLY stupid choice. I got takeout and then I was outside the bakery throwing up in a paperbag. It was on a busy town street. Everyone was staring at me. Very awkward. I'm still scared to try sushi. 
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

hisxmorticia
on 8/6/11 11:11 am - FL
im dying for a salad but since i havent tried one at home im too afraid to order one out, jic i have to barf, lol. im such a barfaphobe, although my lap band solved that issue some, haha.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
ktharp89
on 8/6/11 11:14 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 deff try things at home first.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Jazlenesmommy
on 8/6/11 11:15 am - CA
O geeze...yea I am so not looking foward to that! LOL...I was so nervous the 1st time we went out last week...I said we have to go somewhere close to home just incase!
bunnicash
on 8/6/11 11:23 am - Sedalia, MO
I usually find that when I eat out I get sick because I think part of it has to do with the dryness of some onf the food but then I also think its because I don't pace myself. Like when you are in a group and you are eating at the same pace everyone else is...then you remember oh crap I shouldn't have just swallowed that...and you have that look on your face like am I going to have to run to the bathroom or not. I almost hate eating out anymore just for that fact. lol My first run to the bathroom experience was eating spaghetti at an italian place...it was horrible and four hours later at home I was still in the bathroom. Learned my lesson though! lol
poet_kelly
on 8/7/11 4:52 am - OH
I've started eating really slow when I go out.  Not only is it less likely to make me feel sick, but that way I don't get finished in five minutes and just sit there watching everyone else eat.  I get my small portion of food and end up finishing about the time everyone else is done with their huge plate of food.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

babybooo828
on 8/6/11 11:28 am
 I can't remember my first restraunt barf, but I can remember my first public barf. 

We were camping and I had some issues with vommitting on Friday while I was at work. I chalked it up to some late nausea (as I was 3 1/2 weeks out). I was still on the purree stage, so we took a blended camping with us and my mother used this converter thing to plug it into the car cigerette lighter. So we left to camp on Friday when I got off work and were coming home Sunday afternoon. Just a short weekend trip. It was so cold on Friday night (mid Septmember) and only my nephew had a sleeping bag, the rest of us where just using tons of old balnkets and sheets. So we got up and ate... I had scrambled eggs (or half a scrambled egg... probalby less). Then after thirty minutes, I started drinking again to try and keep hydrated. After we cleaned up we left for wal-mart to get the rest of use some warm sleeping bags. I was feeling ill so we took a bucket (an old coffee canister with lid) for the car ride for me. Well the whole ride to wal-mart I was so miserable. We finally pulled into the parking lot after about a 25 minute drive and I finally vomitted into the can. It was all foamy and I was relieved. I swished my mouth out with water and went into wal-mart. Then we shopped for a good while, then checked out. As I paid, I could feel it coming up. So I left my parents with the stuff and ran to teh bathroom. It was so gross. It was the undigested eggs and red fruit punch (sugar free hawian punch). 

That was Saturday. On Tuesday I saw my doctor and was put on liquids only and scheduled for an edg on Friday. On Wednesday when I vommited up water, I went to the ER, and my surgeon set me up for a scope and dialation that evening. 

Those early days where crazy. I had anothe stricture a few weeks later. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/11 11:37 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Poor baby!  I had a really hard time with eggs myself when I was early out.  I couldn't
eat scrambled eggs for YEARS!  I still shudder when I remember my trying to deal with
the dried sponge in my poor little pouch. 

Plus, I see you had a stricture also;  boy, talk about misery.

poet_kelly
on 8/6/11 11:35 am - OH
I can't even remember the first.  I've had many.  And it's really gross to puke in a public toilet.  Who wants to put their face that close to where a bunch of different butts have been?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 307 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 80 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 80 views