carbs

Mary E.
on 8/9/11 5:15 am - Castle Hayne, NC
On the average how many grams of carbs are you guys getting in a day?  Particularly from around 5 mos and beyond.
May God Bless us All and please give me the strength and determination to do what it takes to be healthy and active again! - Beth    
poet_kelly
on 8/9/11 5:27 am - OH
I don't count carbs.  I'm guessing a fair bit more than many people because I eat a fair amount of dairy and lots of beans for protein since I don't eat meat.  I don't eat much of the starchy stuff, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mrslatch
on 8/9/11 5:35 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I don't count them either, I just know that I dont need to be eating a whole white potato daily. I don't think all carbs are created equal. I don't care really how many are in my veggies/dairy really. I just try to make healthy choices and make sure the majority of my calories are from protein. For instance tonight I am making meatballs (from ground deer) in brown gravy over BROWN rice rather than white rice. And still, I'll only probably eat around a 1/4-1/3 cup.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/9/11 6:41 am, edited 8/9/11 6:42 am
It is not an easy questions. Not all carbs are the same.
Some carbs - are fiber - we really need them for volume (BM) others - when there are complex - and together with the "fiber carbs" will affect our body differently than without the fiber (see - simple carbs).
there are starchy carbs (grain),  sugars -  gazillion of those... and there are non - starchy carbs (non starchy veggies).
IMO the simple carbs and liquid carbs - are the worst - IMO.  But the non -starchy carbs -may be really good, if you combine them with proteins and fats.

A lot of of "nut professionals' make us believe that carb is a carb, and calorie is a calorie.  But that is - unfortunately - not the case.
Do I eat carbs? yes I do, but I am very careful what and how much. I try to eat complex, non starchy carbs. Veggies, some fruits (mostly sugar),  and I try to stay away from starchy carbs.
Some people can handle them just fine.  
I get from 20-100 carbs a day. But majority of them are from non -starchy crabs: veggies, and fruits.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

mrslatch
on 8/9/11 7:12 am - Fort Campbell, KY
You did much better answering this than I did. lol I'm just going to start waiting on you then respond with "ditto". lol
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

ready_2_live
on 8/9/11 8:22 am - Niceville, FL
 I don't count carbs either. I just try to stick to complex carbs (whole grains) when I do eat any kind of bread or grain, and fruits and vegetables make up the majority of my carbs. 
afrog777
on 8/9/11 10:30 am - Houston, TX
I didn't really eat carbs until after I hit 1 year. I wanted to lose as much weight as possible the 1st year and when I got to the weight I wanted to be I have started adding them back in

Most Active
Recent Topics