Wellmark of SD - Waiting Approval

Leolioness
on 8/11/11 6:45 am - OR
Hi All,

I am finally breaking down and submitting a post since I am going a little crazy waiting to hear if I am approved or not. 

I'm nervous because I haven't done the "official" doctor supervised diet - have always talked with my PCP about my attemps to lose weight and what I was doing but apparently she didn't chart much of it....my surgen's office didn't think I would have to since it doesn't state it in the prequalifications.  But I have a feeling that they are going to come back with this requirement.   Does anyone have experience with Wellmark they can share with me? 

Also, if they do come back with having to do the doctor diet - how does that work?  Are you supposed to not lose anything in those months or a little or what if you do stick to it and lose then are you going to be denied because you show that you can do it for 6 months?  It's all so confusing and frustrating....it took me so long to finally get to the point of wanting surgery and now I am dying to get started with the rest of my life! 

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!

Kimberly

Becca R.
on 8/11/11 7:18 am - WA
I had to do a 6 month diet program with my insurance (blue cross blue shield) they required that meet with a dr 3 times I not gain weight during that period. So I basically put myself on atkins and went to my PCP every month for a weigh in and we just discussed how I was doing that month and that was it.. so pretty much what ur doing now it sounds like.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Becca R.
on 8/11/11 7:21 am - WA
oh and I lost 50lbs during that time and i was freaking that they would deny me cause i obviously could lose wieght but they didnt! and I dont think they can so long as you are still above the required bmi for surgery
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Leolioness
on 8/11/11 7:25 am - OR
Great!  Thank you so much for the information....makes me feel better!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 179 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?