stalled...already?!!!

Chickenboob
on 8/13/11 1:09 pm - Rockland, Canada
Has anyone else stalled right out of the gate? I am 2 and a half weeks out. The first week, I lost 13 pounds, which totally shocked me, but nothing since and I have actually gained 2 back. I am a little frustrated because most of my weight loss efforts end up the same way lose 10-15 and plateau. I have been getting in my protein and 1 to 1.5 L of water per day.

Boy I am a little worried. I have been so good. Has anyone else had this problem?
YankeeRose
on 8/13/11 1:13 pm - Meadville, PA
Yes and it is normal. Don't worry, just follow your plan and the scale will start moving again.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

rlw99
on 8/13/11 1:16 pm - Oakland, CA
Yep, it is normal even if you're doing EVERYTHING right.  In fact you should expect to have many stalls and plateaus throughout your weight loss journey. Generally a "stall" lasts a month or more.

T V.
on 8/13/11 1:18 pm
Hi Kirsten,
I am 5 weeks out and have only lost 15 lbs during the 1st 2 1/2 weeks. I am really frustrated too, but from what everyone says on here that we will start back losing. I fear I am going to fail this too.

Tracy
rlw99
on 8/13/11 1:22 pm - Oakland, CA
I meant to add, I lost 17lbs in my first week (in addition to 14lbs of fluid weight from the hospital), then nothing for FOUR full weeks after that. I spent the first couple months freaking out about this. But learned that it is normal and pretty common.

My body has seemed to settle into a pattern at this point (I'm 9 months out). I'll lose 5-6 lbs over a matter of several days, then nothing for 3-4 weeks, then I'll drop another 5 or 6 lbs, then nothing again for several weeks. EVEN though I am getting my protein in, drinking plenty of fluids, getting regular exercise (I walk or jog 4-8 miles at a time).

Don't worry!!! Keep doing what you need to do and the weight will come off.

Lisa R.
on 8/13/11 2:30 pm - CA
I lost 15 lbs in the first week and then put 6 lbs on the next week so when I went in for my first check up with the surgeon I was only down 9lbs.  I was so upset.  How can anyone gain weight when you are not eating anything.  I of course understand it all now, but it is normal for things to really fluctuate in the beginning then they tend to settle down and your body picks a pattern.

The other post mentioned one.  My pattern is I lost like 5 lbs the week before and the week of TOM then I lost like 1 or 2 the other weeks.  I have had about 2 weeks where I lost almost nothing, and just sat at 196 for like 2 weeks, then all the sudden the scale stated moving and now I am down to 182 the last I checked on Monday.  I have a rule to only weight in on Mondays.  Once I have lost the weight I am going to weigh in everyday to make sure not to gain, but when you are in the losing process it is better to weight weekly or even bi weekly cause the fluctuations can kill y
ou. 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Shanneee
on 8/13/11 2:59 pm - MN
I weighed in religiously every morning for the first week and a half after my surgery.  I lost 19 pounds in the first week and the "half week" after that, I didn't lose a thing.  Taking the advice of the seasoned "old timers" on this site, I put the scale away in the closet and started looking for non-scale validation.  On Thursday I had my follow up appointment and was up a pound for a total loss of 18 pounds.  So I guess that means I'm at a "stall" too. 

On the other hand, I looked in the mirror today and had to do a double take.  My face is skinnier!  Even if I'm not losing the pounds, I'm losing something because *I*, the person who stares at my face the most, actually noticed a difference! 

So, instead of agonizing over the scale, put it in the closet and start looking for validation OFF the scale instead of on it.  Our bodies are going through a crazy experience right now and there's no way we can control it.  So ride the wave, sister!  Ride the wave!

Chrissie78
on 8/13/11 4:41 pm
Hi everyone. I am 3 1/2 months post op. I have stalled twice already and amd at a stall right now. However I have lost a tremedous amount of weight, somewhere around 67 lbs.  I am half way to my goal! YAY! just stick to your diet and exercise! Protein in a killer! Be sure you get it in with your vitamins. I couldnt get enough protein in and wasnt taking enough iron. I am losing hair and went through a blood transfusion last week and now have to have a hysterectomy! Which I am scared because I dont want it to afeect my weight loss! Good luck to  you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 286 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 283 views