Thirst?

Angela *.
on 8/26/11 11:11 am - UT
I have read many times about how the nerves are cut during surgery, thus taking away much of our abilty to feel hunger........but what about thrist?  I've seen so many people mention how THIRSTY they are after surgery.....even months later.  I am the opposite.  I try to get my liquid in.....but even on days when I struggle because of forgetting, I NEVER EVER feel thirsty!  I wish I did!  I felt thristy before surgery.......why not now?  Does that somehow get affected during surgery as well?
   *******Angela******  5'10"tall  36yrs old   SW 268 CW 180 GW 168

poet_kelly
on 8/26/11 11:44 am - OH
I don't think it's affected by surgery.  The brain generally monitors the amount of water and salt in your body and if the water gets too low or salt gets too high, your brain tells you to drink.

Hunger is different because the nerves in your stomach know when your stomach is full, or stretched out enough to mean it's full, and then tell your brain you need to eat.  Those nerves get cut during surgery but I don't think the nerves that carry messages abou****er and salt get cut.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Angela *.
on 8/26/11 12:13 pm - UT
Thanks Kellly....didn't think it was a stomach thing....it's a brain thing.  Maybe something is wrong with my brain.. LOL 
   *******Angela******  5'10"tall  36yrs old   SW 268 CW 180 GW 168

poet_kelly
on 8/26/11 2:05 pm - OH
Um... I think lots of us have something wrong with our brains!  At least you're not alone.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 523 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 507 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 394 views
Recent Topics