help please 3 months postop and stalled

lorindac
on 9/4/11 12:18 am - durham, NC

Hello everyone especially the vets...
 I had surgery on june 20 and i have lost a total of 46 lbs. That inludes the 13 lbs i lost 2 weeks preop. i know i have lost inches and clothes size i have also realized that i am losing my breast my bras are getting very loose. I'm following my diet getting my protein and liquids I haven't been exercising like i should between work and my daughters cheerleading practices plus my going to school. so instead of working out like i should i walk for an hour twice a week. Things are slowing down again and hopefully i will be able to get back to my work outs. But at this point any advice will be good.

Proudtobaloser
on 9/4/11 12:27 am - Fayetteville, NC
I am not dreading the stalls because I do not weigh myself- i instead measure my total inches lost.

From what I have read, stall WILL happen. The wieght loss will pick back up, it is just your body catching up with itself.
I try for 45 minutes of dedicated walking a day. Over time I will stretch that out.
Just get in all your liquids and required proteins.

Yes I know people lead busy lives BUT you have to do for you. If there is even a 1/2 hour free in your day use this to walk or do some stretches or something.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

maggiet
on 9/4/11 12:47 am - Durham, NC
Stalls are a fact of life for us after the RNY. And really, it sounds like you might not be in a stall but rather slowing down a little bit. Folks average about 10lbs per month so you are still way ahead of the game. I'd say you were doing great!

I too only exercise a few times a week but that works for me. I went from never having exercised to doing it three times a week and I feel pretty proud of myself.

I just got fitted for a new bra and went down from a 48 to a 42. I bet you aren't losing cup size as much as inches. One new bra may make you feel better. And it may keep the girls back up there. lol

Anyway, I don't think you should be too worried. Even if this turns into a stall for you - they are natural.
D-J
on 9/4/11 12:57 am, edited 9/4/11 1:00 am
wow,,i am stalled at almost the exact same weight ,and the exact same weight loss,,i had my surgery on the 16th of june,,i am doing the things i should and hope eventually the scale moves on,,i use the tracker so i know i am eating right,,so now it's just wait,,i have been stalled now for a while,,

232 was a weight i had stayed at for yrs and yrs so maybe my body is thinking it belongs there,,i'm told if i keep doing what i am doing it will grudgingly start to move again,,,at least thats the plan,,but it can be discouraging,,

i thank God it was able to lose the 50,and will be happy if thats all i lose,,(secertly i do hope i lose more),,
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/11 1:06 am
First of all, congratulations on your loss! Sounds like you are off to an amazing start. Second, small slow downs are perfectly normal. I went from dropping weight at a steady pace to a slow down and weight loss stalled for about 3 weeks. I have finally started losing weight again and its coming off rapidly! I'm down 5 lbs in as many days. I find that the closer I get to my period the more likely I am to see a slow down or pause in my weight loss. I'm only 4 months out and down to 155! My surgery was May 9 , 2011! Don't get discouraged. I know it's hard to say because I said the exact same things as you are now a few months ago. Keep p the good work!
Holly O.
on 9/4/11 1:41 am - FL
I think your doing great!!   I had my surgery 6/15....just a few days before you.......I lose 2-3 lbs. a week.............haven't hit a stall yet..........but just keep doing what your doing and it will catch up...........also take your measurments!!
   Holly                                      
Lorrainecma
on 9/4/11 4:10 am
Get used to stalls. That's what I had to do. They are gonna happen, but you are not finished losing weight. Although stalls will continue to be annoying, you will begin to not pay as much attention to them. Just keep doing what you are supposed to and trust me the weight will continue to fall off !!

sweetpotato1959
on 9/4/11 1:14 pm
 I had surgery 15 years ago...Just get in your proteins and liquids... walk....walk....walk.. don't beat yourself up for not doing more, that will/ can cause you to stall.keep on doing what you can...know that even adding  a fifteen min walk  as soon as you get up or doing isometrics  at bedtime will produce  an increased burn for several hours and keep your metabolism up for longer period of time.   hang in there...you are just starting your journey. take your vitamins, do weight bearing exercise and get your calcium, magnesium and vitamin D....
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 241 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views